Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2009 2:40:29 PM EDT
Is there a link on how some of the members do their paint jobs?  I practiced on an airsoft and quite honestly...it sucked.  Please help.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to the Refinishing forum under Armory ^ , It's at the bottom of the page. They have picture threads and tutorials very helpful.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
buying a new ar15-1,200 $, painting it yourself-50$, taking it to the range w/ the new paintjob and getting laughed at? PRICELESS!!!   all i can say is keep practicing on your airsoft disaster a few more times before hitting the ar. id hate to see ya ruin it. good luck though. TS
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#3]
well NVY, how did it go? TS
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
buying a new ar15-1,200 $, painting it yourself-50$, taking it to the range w/ the new paintjob and getting laughed at? PRICELESS!!!   all i can say is keep practicing on your airsoft disaster a few more times before hitting the ar. id hate to see ya ruin it. good luck though. TS

You must not be with the program

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=19&t=199533
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must not be with the program

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=19&t=199533

i dont know whos program your on when it comes to people w/ little to no painting experience. and yes i do like a good paintjob on an ar. but after funning w/ the guy a little i did suggest for him to practice plenty before attempting it on his ar as they are not cheap. i on the other hand wont attempt or chance ruining something expensive due to my lack of experience w/ said project w/ out lots of practice. and if i want it perfect, ill pay a professional to due it. you shouldnt just tell a guy, "ya go at it". cause if he ruined the project, he'd be bummed. therefore "practice makes perfect"!!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top