Author
Posted: 1/24/2009 1:40:29 PM EST
Is there a link on how some of the members do their paint jobs? I practiced on an airsoft and quite honestly...it sucked. Please help.
Shoot-To-KIll
I AM INFIDEL!
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/24/2009 2:10:00 PM EST
Go to the Refinishing forum under Armory ^ , It's at the bottom of the page. They have picture threads and tutorials very helpful.
Born Free, Live Free, Die Free!
texas-skeeter
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/24/2009 6:33:51 PM EST
buying a new ar15-1,200 $, painting it yourself-50$, taking it to the range w/ the new paintjob and getting laughed at? PRICELESS!!! all i can say is keep practicing on your airsoft disaster a few more times before hitting the ar. id hate to see ya ruin it. good luck though. TS
texas-skeeter
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/25/2009 6:41:59 PM EST
well NVY, how did it go? TS
Shoot-To-KIll
I AM INFIDEL!
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/25/2009 8:19:46 PM EST
Originally Posted By texas-skeeter:
buying a new ar15-1,200 $, painting it yourself-50$, taking it to the range w/ the new paintjob and getting laughed at? PRICELESS!!! all i can say is keep practicing on your airsoft disaster a few more times before hitting the ar. id hate to see ya ruin it. good luck though. TS

You must not be with the program

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=19&t=199533
Born Free, Live Free, Die Free!
texas-skeeter
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/26/2009 2:32:51 PM EST
Originally Posted By Shoot-To-KIll:
Originally Posted By texas-skeeter:

You must not be with the program

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=19&t=199533

i dont know whos program your on when it comes to people w/ little to no painting experience. and yes i do like a good paintjob on an ar. but after funning w/ the guy a little i did suggest for him to practice plenty before attempting it on his ar as they are not cheap. i on the other hand wont attempt or chance ruining something expensive due to my lack of experience w/ said project w/ out lots of practice. and if i want it perfect, ill pay a professional to due it. you shouldnt just tell a guy, "ya go at it". cause if he ruined the project, he'd be bummed. therefore "practice makes perfect"!!