BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 174
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Got a few more parts for the rifle.  I've been trying to buy a little at a time.  I don't have spare money to build a rifle. It's so weird.  Three to four years ago, I was spending money on guns and ammo without issue.  I probably bought over 30 firearms, and I could put money into savings.  Fast forward to today, and I can't even afford to buy a trigger guard, trigger, and safety for one rifle.

I bought the Aimpoint Pro in 2019 when local Gander Outdoors was selling off everything at 50% off.  It's bulkier than I'd like.  But, it'll do the job.

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By willyj73:

Got a few more parts for the rifle.  I've been trying to buy a little at a time.  I don't have spare money to build a rifle. It's so weird.  Three to four years ago, I was spending money on guns and ammo without issue.  I probably bought over 30 firearms, and I could put money into savings.  Fast forward to today, and I can't even afford to buy a trigger guard, trigger, and safety for one rifle.

I bought the Aimpoint Pro in 2019 when local Gander Outdoors was selling off everything at 50% off.  It's bulkier than I'd like.  But, it'll do the job.

https://i.imgur.com/zbaLd4I.jpg
View Quote

What changed?
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 10:39:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By stormhammer:

What changed?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

What changed?

My income is now equivalent to what my income was about 10-15 years ago due to inflation.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:50:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOL] [#4]
Son’s build he and I have been working on.

Runs and handles great.

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

That sale was epic.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 2:59:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

That sale was epic.
View All Quotes

That sale was epic.

It was.  If I had known the country was going to turn to shit in the three months after that sale, I would have bought more stuff.  We had a shopping cart full of ammo, uppers, parts, optics, etc.  I missed the initial first day of the sale.  My friend told me everything was 50% off (except firearms), and I really couldn't believe it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]

It was.  If I had known the country was going to turn to shit in the three months after that sale, I would have bought more stuff.  We had a shopping cart full of ammo, uppers, parts, optics, etc.  I missed the initial first day of the sale.  My friend told me everything was 50% off (except firearms), and I really couldn't believe it.
View All Quotes

That sale was epic.

Same.

I should have walked in with more money.

Regrets.....
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 2:47:02 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Shoot me your address. I've got a spare Magpul trigger guard in OD green or the basic flat mil-spec one. Also have a mil-spec safety or some brand I can't remember in ambi.

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By OG1:
https://i.imgur.com/rkw19pt.jpg
View Quote

I love it. It also gets me that a Holosun is on a 7,000 lower lol - that looks like a well used Holo!
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#12]

I love it. It also gets me that a Holosun is on a 7,000 lower lol - that looks like a well used Holo!
View Quote
Thanks! The Holo is an abused red dot I put on everything from shotguns to AK's and now the AR. It has the Gold reticle. I love it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 10:57:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sunnybean] [#13]
This was a 7.5” SBR that I have had for 20 years. The Riflespeed gasblock converts it into the softest shooting gun I own. Even better than a PWS turned all the way down, which is pretty hard to beat.

B5 furniture
JP SCS H2 buffer spring
Roscoe Bloodline 12.5” barrel
Riflespeed gas block
20 yr old EOTech
Midwest Combat 10.5” handguard
Geissele SSA-E
20 yr old AAC Ranger (rebuilt after a baffle strike)

Very happy with the results.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Deadsquiggles:
Almost done with my kinda FBI HRT inspired build. Need a new weapon light, probably Modlite PLHv2-18650. And eventually a Griffin Explorr. EXPS2-0 showed up today. Now I just need to find time to get to the range and get it zeroed.

Lower specs:
-Anderson Lower with Stag LPK and LT MBT and Magpul K2+ Grip
-Random buffer tube and spring with Spike’s ST-T2 buffer weight and B5 SOPMOD

Upper specs
-Aero Upper
-Aero 11.5” Gov’t Profile barrel with A2 (for now)
-Geissele OD Green 10.5” Mk8
-Magpul Vertical Grip
-AIM Surplus Nitrided BCG
-KAC micro irons
-EXPS2-0

General
-BFG VCAS sling

https://i.ibb.co/7yx9Kqg/45-BDC7-D5-7-FC9-4-EE6-8-AE0-EED8072-C8-C4-A.jpg
View Quote

Don’t mean to call you a liar…but you sure that’s an 11.5” barrel on a 10.5” mk8?
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 4:44:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tct1000] [#15]
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I call it "The Injunctor"

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 3:31:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OhioGunNut] [#17]
nice builds
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By -Shaggs-:

Shoot me your address. I've got a spare Magpul trigger guard in OD green or the basic flat mil-spec one. Also have a mil-spec safety or some brand I can't remember in ambi.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -Shaggs-:

I just came back to this thread to see what was posted and I just saw your offer.  Thank you.  I ended up getting the stuff while on sale.  Thank you again though.

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 2:08:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: willyj73] [#19]
I pretty much have the Geissele done.  Magpul rails are nicer than I thought they'd be.  Took it out today to sight in the Aimpoint.   I may have to try different buffers.  Had inconsistent LRBHO shooting steel case Wolf .223.  Currently using a spare H2 buffer I had.  Bolt carrier is LWRC.  It was chewing up the buffer on my LWRC. I contacted them, they stated some carriers had rough issues and sent me a new carrier.  The original one is in this Geissele.  Bolt is BCM with BCM gas block.  Just using regular carbine spring.  Top rifle is obviously LWRC purchased pre inflation.  Got the Sig 365 from Gander Outdoor during a special sale they had--paid $350 for it when coupons and discounts were factored in.  Other pistol is Glock 19 Gen 3 frame with Zev slide and Shadow System barrel.  I bought everything except the Geissele pre inflation and had absolutely no problem buying any of that stuff.  The Glock frame, I think, was one of those frames Zev re worked.  Got it from a Gunbroker seller named Redacted Manufacturing--they sold a bunch of Zev/Mega products (Zev stuff didn't have Zev name on it though).  Oh, and I bought the Vortex 30mm QD mount from Gander Outdoors for $109 during their 50% off sale.

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 12:56:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Shaggs-] [#20]
Felt the need to tinker.

Put my BRN-180 lower onto my dedicated 22 upper and replaced the Midwest folding stock with a Strike Industries double folder. Just ordered a slick side upper to swap in as well.

Also replaced my 12" handguard on my 300BLK (ran it because my can fit in it) to a 7" BCM rail. Micro brake fits perfectly in front of the rail too. And I wanted to check out the new Magpul stock. Jury is still out.

Link Posted: 1/6/2024 9:24:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:14:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sbrdude1] [#22]
https://freeimage.host/i/J7adfpf" />
My 13.7 Noveske mid barrel.
13.7" CHF Noveske light Afghan barrel $480
V7 hard use Inconal gas tube $75
B.A.D. Workhorse 13" MLOK rail $165
Railscales G10 rail covers $220
Trijicon MRO HD w/ SW mount $700
Trijicon 3x magnifier & mount $350
Modern Aero Precision upper receiver $115
Fenix 3200lm torch $120
MAGPUL MLOK 1" torch mount $65
MI BUIS FDE $120
Cobalt Kenitics DA key-mo brake $140
Geissele Super ch/ handle $120
Strike Indst flat carbine spring $25
Radian Arms ambi safety $75
Strike Indst anti-walk pins $20
Sharps Brothers M7 BCG $240
Ti take down pins $35
Odin Works FDE mag release button $25
NBS qd end plate $10
MAGPUL FDE MOE grip $25
Strike I dustries winter trigger guard $20
MAGPUL 1-2 point sling $65
KAW Valley Precision 3oz buffer $25
Stag Arms lower $90
Rise Armament 3.5# 434 trigger $180
NBS MILSPEC buffer tube $25
B5 FDE carbine stock $100
Ergo Grip MLOK hand stop $45
UTG MLOK AFG $25
Battle Arms Development bolt catch $30
BCM MLOK qd links ×2 $51
6"x1.5" muffler with DA 428 QD $850

Total $4,501
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:20:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I changed the MRO HD mount from the lower 1/3rd to and absolute from Scalerworks. So far I have about 4.5k rds through this build and 3k of it are on the FDE Sharps Brothers M7 BCG. It runs reliably with and without a muffler and the new V7 Inconal gas tube makes sense when you run heavy strings with a muffler even in semi.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:21:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Killer rig! Where are you posting your pics to have them show up in this thread?
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SWFLdude:

Don’t mean to call you a liar…but you sure that’s an 11.5” barrel on a 10.5” mk8?
View Quote

Considering my 10.5 inch handguard damn near comes to the  barrel threads, I'm going to go with no. We'll assume it was a typo.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:43:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SemperFortis] [#27]
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 9:38:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Just10mm] [#28]
The Sugar Opossum.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:37:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thecheese703] [#29]

rearden r2c flash hider

M300 scout (yes i need to cut the zip tie and use tape. no i will not pay $70 for a unity button)

g$ super duty upper. (G$ bolt, g$ CH 15" rail, 16" barrel)

bcm gunfight vfg+grip(mod 3)

one of the first psa lowers I ever bought

G$ gas tube length they use+  JP captured spring make it a joy to shoot.

Larue MBT2S

xps2-0 I need more posts to trade this!

magpul Pros

Fab Defense GL-Shock

Love everything about this rifle except how much a g33 is going to set me back and absolute co-witnesses. I gotta post more to get into the BSTs and i have more builds.

dunno why pictures won't show up tried at least 2. leave a link and no picture for me
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#31]

My pistol build of June 2022, it took me over one year to slowly build it.

It uses Glock pistol mags, shown with Magpul PMAG G-50 GL9 PCC drum mag.

Upper half:

Colt AR6951 new stripped upper receiver
Faxon 10.5 inch lightweight contour barrel
Faxon flash suppressor
Magpul M-LOK rail panels
Arisaka hand stop
Daniel Defense fixed sights (rear sight was replaced with Magpul folding latest MBUS3)
Angstadt bolt assembly
Magpul new synthetic ejection port cover (tool less installation and removal)
Radian Raptor LT charging handle

Lower half:
New Frontier Armory billet lightweight lower receiver Glock mags
Geissele lower parts kit
ALG mil-spec trigger set
Geissele ambi selector
Guntology PDQ ambi bolt catch
Primary Weapons Systems enhanced fluted buffer tube with ratchet lock castlenut and endplate
Angstadt Arms buffer kit 5.4 oz 9mm buffer & spacer
B5 Systems gray grip

Aimpoint Duty red dot (now with Scalarworks QD micro mount)
Inforce WML Gen 2 light (400 Lumens)
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Is the Brown two-piece mlok rail a Midwest that’s broken at the back or is it something else? Looks good!

Originally Posted By JustDaniel:
I build all of my own but here are a few recents

https://i.vgy.me/8KvSmM.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#33]
I had to add the FDE birdcage
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 6:29:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scout1502] [#34]

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:16:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#36]
I built a version of an N-23 in 300 BLK. Started off with M-4 handguards but decided to go with a quad rail to make it more of a SOPMOD Block 1. Lower is a stamped SBR.

8" Ballistic Advantage 300 BLK barrel with FSB, Sampson drop-in 4" handguard, YHM SRX short flash hider.

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Falcon09:
I built a version of an N-23 in 300 BLK. Started off with M-4 handguards but decided to go with a quad rail to make it more of a SOPMOD Block 1. Lower is a stamped SBR.

8" Ballistic Advantage 300 BLK barrel with FSB, Sampson drop-in 4" handguard, YHM SRX short flash hider.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137193/N-23_1-3160865.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137193/N-23_2-3160868.jpg
View Quote

Welcome to the uSOPMOD club!
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
I saw yours in an N-23 thread and decided I needed one.

Had to wait a while for BA to get FSBs in stock.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Aesthetically maybe my fav on this whole thread. Nice build brother
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:23:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Forget to switch accounts, did you?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Page / 174
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top