Site Notices
10/24/2014 2:42:22 PM
Author
Posted: 11/3/2008 6:31:53 AM
I am picking out the pieces for my first AR build. Going to be ordering a kit from delton, but they do not have the foregrip option I would like. A rifle length YHM diamond quad rail.

How hard is it to remove a FF dpms tube, or a standard guard to replace it?

Or would it be best to go with none, and put it on when I get it.
Aimless
Don't be a victim of the Rule 13 Crackdown!
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/3/2008 7:29:11 AM
Depends on the type of forearm. If the dpms tube is one piece you will have to drive out the pins holding on the front sight, and push out the pin holding the gas tube into the front sight, remove the front sight and then take off the forearm.

Some newer kids, like troy, some knights etc to not require removal of the front sight.

if it's standard handguards you just take them off and installation varies by the type of tube you want. Daniel Defense omega, voltor, rasII and some others bolt right once you take the handguards off.

others, like troy, require the removal of the delta ring, you can cut if off.

Some like Larue require the front sight to be taken off as described above
I'll be in my bunk....er
E-mail me when the Obamapocolypse is over
AkaZero
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/3/2008 3:08:36 PM
I plan on not getting a standard front site, just because I plan on covering the gas block anyway. Delton offers a specter gas block option, which is what I would need for a hidden gas block anyway, and is 2 piece gas block, so it's easier to remove.

And with the tube longer than the gas block, I will have a longer sight radius with buis.
FloridaCreekIndian
Vae Victis
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/3/2008 3:42:34 PM
Cotact Del Ton and tell them exactly what you want in your kit. I wanted/needed a 11.5" barrel for a friend's build I was putting together for him and although they don't advertise an 11.5" rifle kit, they did it for me without any hassles. I am sure they will do the same for you if you want a different rail/etc.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
AkaZero
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/4/2008 1:38:15 AM
I was pretty sure they would give me a rifle length fore grip. But I don't think they carry the yhm one I want. It's the new style.

Link to yhm:
http://yankeehill.bizland.com/store/product439.html

FloridaCreekIndian
Vae Victis
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/4/2008 9:43:54 PM
[Last Edit: 11/4/2008 9:44:35 PM by FloridaCreekIndian]
Originally Posted By AkaZero:
I was pretty sure they would give me a rifle length fore grip. But I don't think they carry the yhm one I want. It's the new style.

Link to yhm:
http://yankeehill.bizland.com/store/product439.html

Why not call them and ask? We can't answer what DelTon carries. They are only a phone call away.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ