Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2007 11:56:21 AM EDT
Some of you have seen this before, I now have more pics and a video.

build pics

I finished this a while ago but now have video of it in action. I bought a 0% upper receiver forging from Les Baer and turned it in to an Inline black powder  receiver that will fit an AR-15 lower. In the video I fire a few shots with a 5.56 upper then switch to black powder. Lots of fumbling cause I don't have a #209 capper yet.

range video
Link Posted: 8/19/2007 11:15:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy Chitt!!!  I want an AR15 blackpowder upper.

That would be the cat's ass.
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 4:53:24 AM EDT
[#2]
what's the point?
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 8:14:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a sidelock black powder rifle that was very unreliable. I wanted a #209 primer Inline and figured it would be cheaper to build it myself. I remembered seeing a black powder barrel for the remington 870 many years ago and figured why not do it for an AR?

Its very handy for black powder deer season, then I just switch uppers and go after coyotes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
the point is to hunt deer in ohio!! we cant use rifles ,only muzzleloaders and slug guns

Here in Michigan they call it "primitive firearm season"

There is nothing primitive about modern BP rifles.

Great job on the AR-BP !
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you not have a recoil buffer detent in the lower used in the video?

Interesting design, just goes to show you how great the highly adaptable AR platform is.
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]
With a little refining you could serious shooter there.  I think the modularity of the platform is why it is so popular.

You get this thing worked out and I guarantee you could get buyers in Ohio.
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#8]
that is a really interesting idea... I am jealous
Link Posted: 8/21/2007 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#9]
POOR_MAN , The lower I built myself from a Les Baer 0% forging. My only screwup during the build was the hole for the buffer retainer. The rifle works fine without it so I haven't repaired it yet. Never run a Bridgeport mill when you're tired

Link Posted: 8/23/2007 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Sweet
Link Posted: 8/23/2007 11:30:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/24/2007 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Look about 3/4 down this page for the blackpowder AR that Tony Rumore made years ago...

When I first posted this build someone mentioned Tony's BP AR ( I searched the net for stuff like that when I first got this idea but never found it) Tony replied to my first  post and  described how he built his. So yeah, he is many years ahead of me in the idea department. That siamese .223 of his is AWESOME!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top