Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2017 10:01:43 AM EDT
I have been doing research on laser colors. All the reviews and pro's/con's. I am inclined to go green at this point.   

I have a red and green one now.  Both work fine but the green is more visible in different lighting situations.  Blue is a possibility, but read that the eyes don't do blue well.

I am not a member yet so I can't search beyond 30 days.  A workaround, used Google to search ar15.com and laser colors.  Not much useful.

For those that have used lasers what has been most effective in most situations?

And how to use lasers in CBQ situations, always on or momentary on?  Momentary, I guess one does not want to "point" out the source of the noise.  :-)

Thanks in advance.

mm
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
IR and wizard eyes is best laser and eyes.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a big laser advocate on handguns because red dots are actually slower in close. Green is best there. For an AR, IR with NODS. Green is sort of a back up/used for aiming IR that is slaved in daylight. Much less utility for a green laser on a rifle with RDS working so well in close. Green is still better in visible spectrum. Temp activation for all.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:24:13 AM EDT
[#3]
mt tlr-2HLG is great from 25 M to 125M in medium light & farther in low /no light.

red is really no good past 5 yards in daylight.

IR requires night vision.

OP Keep your budget in mind these are basically range toys don't go crazy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input.  I ordered a blue G-Sight Raven.  I already have a red and green laser.

If I don't like the blue I will exchange it for a green. I will test in a lot of lighting conditions.

mm
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#5]
IR is best.  Red has more temperature tolerance than green
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:50:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I would prefer IR but need NV apparatus to go with it.  Not in my budget at the moment.  Unemployed, still looking for work in Atlanta.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:49:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would prefer IR but need NV apparatus to go with it.  Not in my budget at the moment.  Unemployed, still looking for work in Atlanta.
View Quote
Perhaps no laser is the right answer for you then.

I have 4 AR'S at the monent. None have visible lasers.

I have 5 semi auto handguns at the moment. 2 have green CTC lasers (native green) one has a red CTC laser (green not available).

I'd have green on all my handguns If I could. But a rifle? Why bother?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Got the green version, the votes were correct!
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Green lasers are easier for me to spot in bright light but they are more expensive and may be less rugged.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Perhaps no laser is the right answer for you then.

I have 4 AR'S at the monent. None have visible lasers.

I have 5 semi auto handguns at the moment. 2 have green CTC lasers (native green) one has a red CTC laser (green not available).

I'd have green on all my handguns If I could. But a rifle? Why bother?
View Quote
Here's why. Night time killing of pigs, armadillos, coyotes, etc. No need to take aim which happens at times. Just dot the target (assuming it's dialed in). You must live in the burbs or the city.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Got the green version, the votes were correct!
View Quote
I don't know if any quality firearm - mounted exist yet; blue / violet and yellow lasers are highly visible and durable.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top