Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2017 8:42:39 PM EDT
For anyone interested in a White/IR light that takes AA batteries, Optics Planet currently has the Surefire M600V AA on sale from $429 to $313.49. Coupon code RKET4 for 5% off brings you to $297.82 with free shipping. I just picked one up and they supposedly have three left as I write.

Wonder if Surefire is clearing these out for a new model? I picked up a regular M600AA last month for a killer deal as well so that may be the case, or they're just discontinuing the AA models ...Yes I know that AA hamstrings your output but I don't care. AA will get the job done if you understand how to use it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I've recently starting using the 'Colt' AA WML (400 lumens w/2xAA) and so far am very pleased with it for my needs.
It's much cheaper than the Surefires and has double the output: http://grabagun.com/coltlt-cltsepms4002aa-microtac-400-lgt.html

Tomac
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've recently starting using the 'Colt' AA WML (400 lumens w/2xAA) and so far am very pleased with it for my needs.
It's much cheaper than the Surefires and has double the output: http://grabagun.com/coltlt-cltsepms4002aa-microtac-400-lgt.html

Tomac
View Quote
That works as well, but this version of the Surefire light has IR, which was the real selling point for me. Coupled with an OTAL and TNVC's TAPS switch I've got bases covered in two units, both taking cheap and prevalent AA's, along with a PVS-14 that takes a AA.

I already have a regular M600AA and a couple Streamlight RM-1's. I don't chase lumens trying to get the highest output (as evidenced by the fact that I prefer AA WML's) so to each his own.

I probably will pick up one of the colt's at some point just to have because that price for the performance is hard to beat and it has its niche. I wish they would have made it standard from a tape switch perspective though.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top