Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/7/2017 9:38:17 PM EDT
so i have a KAC sr15 mod 2  16" on the way and am already buying stuff to stick on it.

as with most of my guns, lights come first.

So on my other ar's ive gone cheap with the surefire 6px tactical at $85 or under usually.

What is there to gain from the surefire mini scout 300c over the 6px? Surely there is a reason why it is $200+ while the 6px is much cheaper.

Budget is not a problem, ive just never cared enough to go more expensive on the light but if im missing something then i would love to hear why im being dumb.

so, scout mini 300 vs the 6px. As far as i can tell the difference is mostly size? or am i completely wrong here.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
For me, the ability to get the light in close to my handguard is a huge factor. Putting a scout in an mlok mount and having it right against the rail at 11 o'clock keeps it very low profile.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:56:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the M300C and G2X and can do a comparison. The M300C is specifically weapons rated, so more durable, and smaller, lighter, better optical coating, and with the right mount fits closer to the hand guard. It's small and light enough that I don't notice it, whereas the G2X out there on the handguard does make my weapon feel front heavy. I got my 300C for $210 and consider that a fair price for what you get. MSRP of $300 is pushing it. The M300C also has better pressure switch options, though I don't use them. I have mine mounted 1:30 on a KMR rail with thumb over bore activation. It's something I'd keep on my primary defense/shtf gun.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the replies.

so one more question, scout mini 300 vs the scout 600u.

Which would be preferred for a do all rifle, out doors and cqb shooting.

Also, arisaka scout in line mount, GTG?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I like my 300 fwiw. And yes the ariska mounts are gtg.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#5]
i have the 300 and the 600, like them both.

both on arisaka mounts
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#6]
300 vs 600, depends on whether you'll use it primarily indoors or outdoors. 300 lumens vs 600 lumens. In the past, the m300 was dimmer so m600 was optimal choice for outdoors, but now with it being 300 lumens it's perfectly adequate. Personally I prefer the size and weight savings of the 300.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thanks for the replies.

so one more question, scout mini 300 vs the scout 600u.

Which would be preferred for a do all rifle, out doors and cqb shooting.

Also, arisaka scout in line mount, GTG?
View Quote
Arisaka mounts are fantastic, GTG there.  I prefer the 600U for any type of outdoor stuff.  300 for strictly indoor stuff.  For a "do-all" rifle, I'd go 600.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 1:37:29 AM EDT
[#8]
ended up buying the surefire scout m600 ultra for $228.

got an arisaka inline mount coming for it as well.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top