Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2017 10:58:38 PM EDT
Does anyone have a recommendation for a light to go on a stock Ruger 556?

I'd like to keep it as it came. It has a weird bayonet lug and the front sight is unique too I guess. I was reading reviews on Amazon for a front sight mounted light and it specifically said it would not fit a Ruger 556.

Does anyone have a light that works on one?

Maybe an offset mount. Although that would be pretty far back I'm not opposed to it.

I'd like a remote switch too if possible.

So does anyone have a light on a Ruger 556?

UPDATE:

Thanks again everyone, but especially Tiefighter and metalsea.

The Impact Weapons Components mount fits perfectly and is very well made. Super fast shipping too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I decided not to use the pressure switch like I had originally planned. The hand guards are so short there is really no need.

Thanks for all the assistance!
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 2:50:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd try the Elzetta FSB light mount. I have one on a standard FSB and it's great.
May want to email them and ask if it will fit the ruger fsb, I suspect it will work though. https://www.elzetta.com/product/zfh1500/
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd try the Elzetta FSB light mount. I have one on a standard FSB and it's great.
May want to email them and ask if it will fit the ruger fsb, I suspect it will work though. https://www.elzetta.com/product/zfh1500/
View Quote
Thanks for the suggestion but after reading the FAQ - they say it won't fit the Ruger 556. The Ruger doesn't have a "standard" FSB.

I'm beginning to think I may need to use duct tape.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Search "Kley Zion ar sight tower combo" at Botach. It mounts to the 12:00 position above your barrel to mount a Streamlight TLR-1 or 2
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Search "Kley Zion ar sight tower combo" at Botach. It mounts to the 12:00 position above your barrel to mount a Streamlight TLR-1 or 2
View Quote
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm waiting to hear back from Botach on conformation that it will fit.

The FSP on a Ruger is pretty fat.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:11:56 AM EDT
[#5]
IWC makes a mount that uses the factory hand guard. If you get the ring, you can mount any 1" or I'm pretty sure a scout type light will mount right to it.

Mount-n-slot
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:48:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Cheapest solution is the Mount-n-Slot with a Surefire G2X Tactical mounted on your support hand side, activated with the thumb. No modification to your rifle and total package should be around $110.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
IWC makes a mount that uses the factory hand guard. If you get the ring, you can mount any 1" or I'm pretty sure a scout type light will mount right to it.

Mount-n-slot
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mount-n-slot
Quoted:
Cheapest solution is the Mount-n-Slot with a Surefire G2X Tactical mounted on your support hand side, activated with the thumb. No modification to your rifle and total package should be around $110.
Thanks guys.

I think this option will work for me. I went with

TMC Scout Light MOUNT-N-SLOT

and

Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount 2

I like that the light comes with the remote switch.

We'll see how this works out in a few days.

Again. Thanks everyone for your time.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Bump for update.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 1:02:05 AM EDT
[#9]
That looks great. I think I'm going to replace my WML on the cantilever mount with the RM1 and that mount on my 10.5.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top