Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/27/2017 11:01:17 PM EDT
Has anyone used these? I see them on ebay running about $40 or so. I'm not expecting anything 100% bombproof but just wanted to see if anyone had any experience. At the very least, could you use the body and throw on a decent clicky switch and malkoff head? Any reason against this?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Has anyone used these? I see them on ebay running about $40 or so. I'm not expecting anything 100% bombproof but just wanted to see if anyone had any experience. At the very least, could you use the body and throw on a decent clicky switch and malkoff head? Any reason against this?
View Quote

Because it's made of unknown materials in China to unknown standards of quality with unknown/no testing?  

I look at it this way.  I'm only putting a light on a rifle if I'm using it for something somewhat serious.  Whether that be SD/HD, hunting, or something else.  In any of those cases, I want something that is going to work and not crap out on me.  

That means I'm not purchasing some unknown manufactured in Chinese crap, especially when I can pick up a Surefire G2X Tactical and a standard ring mount for $25-$30 more and know that I'm getting a quality product that will work.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:42:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Arisaka has the tube, and the malkoff and most whatever else you want or need. The tube is $60 ish if i recall correctly. You really want a chinese cheapo rifle?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Guys, believe me that i'm all about "buy once, cry once", I was just curious if at the very least, the body could be used with a decent click switch and a decent head. Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guys, believe me that i'm all about "buy once, cry once", I was just curious if at the very least, the body could be used with a decent click switch and a decent head. Thanks for the input!
View Quote
If you absolutely have to have the Scout body, there's absolutely no point wasting $40 on some unknown quality complete light when you can get a known quality body from Arisaka for $20 more.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Great point on Arisaka. just wanted to see if there was anything I was missing.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top