Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/23/2017 5:32:40 PM EDT
So eventually I would like to have an IR/WL option on all my rifles (16" and 10.5 inch).  Both of these are backed up by DBALs for long range IR illumination so I want the white light to be a house light and the IR to be more of a "navigation" light.

On my 16" 13" rail AR I have one of the older vampires, and it's good for now.  

On my SBR I just put an offset rail section and IR/WL WML, it really fucks with my grip, the end of the rifle is to busy.  I'm also not a big fan of the WML in this role.  I think an something like a G2x with a filter in an offset mount might solve my problem.  

I've seen flip filters but never seen if people are very fond of them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Only really work with the incan bulbs.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This.  Not worth the trade offs, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
And even then the amount of IR output is unusable. If your looking for a dual role IR/White light look at any dual head SureFire V series light such as the M952V etc.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#4]
why not a surefire scout  Vwith the k2m head.

I  went with a streamlight tlr-2 eyesafe IR LASER /IR LED ILLUM & a surefire x300. my mono is a gen 2+

I can see the laser out to 700 meters & theIR illum out to 200 meters depending on weather.

at $411 it is a no brainer ir laser, illuminator  CLICK ME

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And even then the amount of IR output is unusable. If your looking for a dual role IR/White light look at any dual head SureFire V series light such as the M952V etc.
View Quote
I have a M952V on my long rifle, and it's to big to go on my SBR the way I want it.  But now I'm looking at the smaller V. I was hoping for something cheaper, but it's looking like there isn't an option.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#6]
streamlight has the VIR it is $405 on amazon click white light & IR laser based illuminator

I used to own one it performed very close to my 952Vbut is a TLR sized light. I thibk it has about 300 lumend on the front

specs

Visible C4® LED, impervious to shock with a 50,000 hour lifetime
       12,000 candela peak beam intensity; 300 lumens; runs 2.5 hours
       Deep dish parabolic reflector produces a concentrated beam with optimum peripheral illumination
   Infrared illuminator - 850 nm LED. Shock-proof with a 20,000 hour lifetime
       1000mW/sr (min) radiant intensity providing optimum illumination when using night vision equipment; runs 20 hours

Solid-state current regulation for consistent illumination level
6000 series anodized machined aircraft aluminum body with high impact, chemically resistant engineering polymer IR LED housing
View Quote
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top