Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2017 1:45:47 AM EDT
I have an m600aa and it does not work.  There is not enough room on the rail for my hand and the light (when mounted at the 9 o'clock position).  

The m300 is a little shorter.  But I don't know if it is enough shorter.  Anyone have this set up?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you considered using an Impact Weapons Components Thorntail to put the light out front?

Link is to the SBR version, but there is a version for longer barrels.
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/thorntail-sbr-offset-adaptive-light-mount-scout/
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you considered using an Impact Weapons Components Thorntail to put the light out front?

Link is to the SBR version, but there is a version for longer barrels.
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/thorntail-sbr-offset-adaptive-light-mount-scout/
View Quote
I tried one.   With my DD Omega rail (which is thin and egg shaped), the Thorntail mount pushes against the hand guard cap, which I'm worried could effect poi if I tighten, move, remove it, or if it just loosens on its own.

I was able to use a Magpul mount from the top rail, but then that means I cannot use the top rail later for something else.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Not "on the rail" but this is what I currently have.

Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I would recommend just getting an SR07 switch for the M600 and mounting the light @ 3:00 and the switch on top or 9:00. That is the best way to accommodate both your hand and the scout light on such a short rail in my experience. 

This isn't the same rail, but you can see what I mean.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one in a thorntail sbr mount on the 12:00 rail of a RAS, just clears the fsb by a hair.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:54:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
That looks like a good idea.  

Thanks, folks.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a 7 inch rail but 8 inch KMR-A with a M300 mounted at the 11 o'clock. Using a BCM keymod offset mount (no issues with mine):

Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got an M300C mounted with the factory mount on the KAC RAS of my Mk18 Mod 0. I find it about perfect for thumb activation when mounted 9 o'clock, but it's at the absolute furthest forward position on the rail. I don't mind a grip about mid-point on the rail, but for people who like gripping as far forward as possible it wouldn't really work. The bezel ends at the front of the FSB and the tail is five rail slots back from the end of the RAS or roughly about 1/3rd of the total length of the rail.

ETA: Just snapped a crappy pic, but you get the idea:

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top