Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2017 10:23:11 AM EDT
Currently using the sexy long-throwing Streamlight TLR-1 HPL w/ a dedicated IR Illuminator, but on brighter nights I'd like to leave the more powerful bulky IR Illuminator at home, and get a lighter dual spectrum white/IR combo light that I can use instead of my TLR. (The Surefire Vampire series is out of my price range.)

-Inforce WMLx White/IR Gen 2:  700 Lumens (white mode) / 400mW (Infrared)

-Surefire M952V (KM3 head):  150 (white mode) / 120mW (Infrared)

I've found a bunch of M952V's on ebay for about the same price as the Inforce, but the Inforce's White & IR output is much better on paper so I don't know which to buy. I realize that Surefire is expensive cause their reputation, but how was the M952V so expensive when it came out compared to the Inforce, when the Inforce has way better output?

Will the Surefire M952V somehow have stronger IR even though its got less mW, or is this Surefire going to have dimmer white light and IR, but a bigger price tag just b/c its Surefire?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Currently using the sexy long-throwing Streamlight TLR-1 HPL w/ a dedicated IR Illuminator, but on brighter nights I'd like to leave the more powerful bulky IR Illuminator at home, and get a lighter dual spectrum white/IR combo light that I can use instead of my TLR. (The Surefire Vampire series is out of my price range.)

-Inforce WMLx White/IR Gen 2:  700 Lumens (white mode) / 400mW (Infrared)

-Surefire M952V (KM3 head):  150 (white mode) / 120mW (Infrared)

I've found a bunch of M952V's on ebay for about the same price as the Inforce, but the Inforce's White & IR output is much better on paper so I don't know which to buy. I realize that Surefire is expensive cause their reputation, but how was the M952V so expensive when it came out compared to the Inforce, when the Inforce has way better output?

Will the Surefire M952V somehow have stronger IR even though its got less mW, or is this Surefire going to have dimmer white light and IR, but a bigger price tag just b/c its Surefire?
View Quote

Partly because the 952V was groundbreaking with White + IR in the same, relatively small package.

The Inforce is going to be brighter in both instances.
Surefire is tougher and battle proven. It also has more switch options.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The newer M952V have a 350 lumen white light KM3 head with a TIR lens that greatly increase the throw although the IR output remains the same. The switch options on the Surfire is much better vs the WML
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top