Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/16/2017 7:11:42 PM EDT
How do attach you pressure switch to KAC RAS VFG? Need some ideas.

Not sure how or what to use to attach it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Most use velcro or some type of tape. there are VFG out there that have a pocket for a remote switch on them (https://tangodown.com/shop/tangodown-foregrip-vertical-iti/)
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Velcro, 100 mph tape (duct tape), bicycle inner tube, zip ties or rubber bands.

I have avoided running a pressure switch on a vfg for a long time now, for me I have found that the only way to activate the switch reliably is by choking the grip.  Also I try to avoid pressure switches entirely.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:28:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Road bike inner tube 
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have avoided running a pressure switch on a vfg for a long time now, for me I have found that the only way to activate the switch reliably is by choking the grip.  Also I try to avoid pressure switches entirely.
View Quote
Yup. I gave up on pressure switches when I went to Afghanistan. Back before that, I used electrical tape. The bullshit velcro supplied with the pressure pads doesn't last long.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
My experience as well.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Some of the newer (expensive as stand alone) and some devices are coming with pretty damn good switches. They always usually are the single point of failure though. As long as I have a manual triggering back-up, ill run them on the rail (12 o'clock) at my support hands natural potion. Can you get yours to do that instead of mounting to the VFG?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Velcro the switch in the 11 o'clock gap between the 12 and 9 o'clock rails, then tape the cord down. That keeps the switch from being bumped most of the time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#9]
strong pref for bike tire tube

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#10]
The guys saying inner tube have the correct answer.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#12]
My backup gun with a less expensive streamlight, but the principle is the same with the sf switch.  You get the idea.

My cord is sloppy and loose because i just changed batteries, and this model is a pita with the cord.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#13]
A bike inner tube or black tactical tape aka 3M electrical tape with double sided sticky tape on the back side works well. IMHO it's an advantage to be able to operate your white light with either weapons or support side especially on a 2-way range. It also a good idea to have multiple ways to be able to turn on your light by running a dual switch.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top