Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2017 11:19:45 AM EDT
Does anyone make a different head that screws right in or something else to upgrade the LED output? I currently have the KM3 head which is white at 150 lumen output and IR. I don't really have a need for the IR (yet). Only reason for using outdated light is a clone build, I would just like a better functionality for it's use as a "ranch rifle" type use I guess (don't actually have a ranch but I do live out in the sticks a bit and we get small varmint sometimes). 
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Malkoff. Dig through their website until you find the one you need.

https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.com
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Malkoff. Dig through their website until you find the one you need.

https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.com
View Quote
This...I upgraded my Surefires w/Malkoff's M61 bulb.  A World of difference...
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:36:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes I've had Malkoff in a 951 that's since been traded away, but is there a specific product(s?) that works with the M952v is what I meant to ask. It has the KM3 head and requires an entire new head as well as the bulb because the head cannot be taken apart. 
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes I've had Malkoff in a 951 that's since been traded away, but is there a specific product(s?) that works with the M952v is what I meant to ask. It has the KM3 head and requires an entire new head as well as the bulb because the head cannot be taken apart. 
View Quote
Doesn't Malkoff make replacement LED heads?

V light heads are sealed units and you can't take them apart without some real work
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:02:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

V light heads are sealed units and you can't take them apart without some real work
View Quote
Yes that's what I meant. I didn't see anything in the site. 
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha. They might not make one like that. Not sure. I'd call them tomorrow. You might have to buy a SureFire LED upgrade ($$$).
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Gotcha. They might not make one like that. Not sure. I'd call them tomorrow. You might have to buy a SureFire LED upgrade ($$).
View Quote
If it gets to that point I'll probably just leave it at 150 lumen. But ya I'll give Gene a call in the morning. 
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If it gets to that point I'll probably just leave it at 150 lumen. But ya I'll give Gene a call in the morning. 
View Quote
You could get a Surefire LU60 collar adapter and a Z32 Bezel, put the Malkoff M61 in, and those would replace the factory LED head. 

When I did this on a 961 a couple of weeks ago, the total cost was 71.53 ( 31.54 for the two surefire parts from ebay, plus shipping, and 39.99 +s/h for the Malkoff LED) .

You might also considering seeing if someone with a 951 is willing do a straight across trade.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top