Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2017 8:23:43 PM EDT
Just picked up one of these at a gun show. I know they can be used to control your PEQ-15/ATPIAL-C, and a light.

I was looking at the WMX200, but they seem to be getting harder to find since they've been discontinued.

Is that my only option, or is there a glaringly better option out there that I just don't know about. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#1]
WMX200 or the also discontinued M3X.  IIRC, a TLR-1 (the longgun model that accepts pressure pad plugs) also works.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WMX200 or the also discontinued M3X.  IIRC, a TLR-1 (the longgun model that accepts pressure pad plugs) also works.
View Quote
Awesome, I appreciate the reply. I thought I'd have more options. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Awesome, I appreciate the reply. I thought I'd have more options. Thanks for the info!
View Quote
Guys have had some success cutting off the Insight plug and splicing in one from SF so it'll work with their SF lights.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Guys have had some success cutting off the Insight plug and splicing in one from SF so it'll work with their SF lights.
View Quote
Interesting, something I hadn't considered. I'm no stranger to a soldering iron. I'd imagine the composition of the wire is pretty straightforward to solder back together. Might have to break out the mad scientist hat and get creative.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#5]
EOTech/Insight/L3 makes or made a few other weapon lights that use that plug.

I have one of their direct QD attach WL1-AA weapon lights that uses the same tape switch. Its a dandy little compact direct picatinny mount ruggedized lightweight  light that runs on two AA batteries.  Only 150 lumens, if I recall.  Plenty for HD, but not outdoors.  My version has the optional very bright but civillian legal red laser.  I use the light only setting. I'm running it on a tactical shotgun.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have one of their direct QD attach WL1-AA weapon lights that uses the same tape switch. Its a dandy little compact direct picatinny mount ruggedized lightweight  light that runs on two AA batteries.  Only 150 lumens, if I recall.  Plenty for HD, but not outdoors.  My version has the optional very bright but civillian legal red laser.  I use the light only setting. I'm running it on a tactical shotgun.
View Quote
That's essentially what I'm looking for, just anything that uses that plug. I'm by no means an insight loyalist or anything, just wondered what options I could have while running a PEQ15. WMXs look all but extinct, and the M3Xs don't exactly inspire awe.

I'll have to look at the WL1 and dig into what else uses the same switch. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:45:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's essentially what I'm looking for, just anything that uses that plug. I'm by no means an insight loyalist or anything, just wondered what options I could have while running a PEQ15. WMXs look all but extinct, and the M3Xs don't exactly inspire awe.

I'll have to look at the WL1 and dig into what else uses the same switch. Thanks for the info!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New the WL1-AA was over $400.  Prices eventually fell to under $200 and then close outs were around $100 after it was discontinued.  Might find one cheap in EE.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top