Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2017 9:54:08 AM EDT
Anyone have a combination that will actually work?  I'm trying to keep the light tucked up as close to the DBAL as possible at the 10-11 O'Clock position, and thus far I am coming up short.

Anyone know of a combo that will fit?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm running my A3 at 12:00 and my Scout at 3:00 with no issues. Using two different pressure pads.

A3 pad on the 9:00 and Scout pad just behind the A3 on the top rail.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Im trying to avoid pressure pads, not really a fan.  Hoping to have the light tucked up under the left side of the DBAL.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#3]
M-LOK Compatible FUSION Adapter

This is the lowest profile mount I have found.

Edit for a team bro:
(Not A3 and a G rail..but you get the idea)
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:19:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the PM and the response here!

Did you affix the Larue mount so the lever is on the right side?  

Just compared my URX4 to my MK8 rail.....the URX 4 angled MLOK sections sit just a touch higher than the MK8.  I'm not sure if this will work, but for 20 bucks for that adapter I may still give it a try- it would still be a good mount regardless.

That being said, if anyone has other suggestions, I may keep looking at my options.  Not quite yet to the point where I want to put a MK8 rail on a SR15 MOD 2.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:44:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for the PM and the response here!

Did you affix the Larue mount so the lever is on the right side?  

Just compared my URX4 to my MK8 rail.....the URX 4 angled MLOK sections sit just a touch higher than the MK8.  I'm not sure if this will work, but for 20 bucks for that adapter I may still give it a try- it would still be a good mount regardless.

That being said, if anyone has other suggestions, I may keep looking at my options.  Not quite yet to the point where I want to put a MK8 rail on a SR15 MOD 2.
View Quote
Glad to help.

The LT271 on the dbal does have the lever on the right. It would not work on the left (light side) The factory mount sits higher a tiny bit.

If the dbal doesn't sit high enough for the SF/unity mount to clear....I think it would be pretty simple to machine a spacer to fit between the dbal and its mount to raise it a little.  (for the right guy with tools etc)

Just spitballing. The juice is worth the squeeze for the right setup.  Good luck bro.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered the unity tactical fusion micro hub, and the corresponding light mount.  The hub serves as the physical mount for the dbal, and the light mount hangs off the side of the hub and accepts a scout directly.  About as low profile and "tucked" as someone could ask for, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'll post up how it goes!
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered the unity tactical fusion micro hub, and the corresponding light mount.  The hub serves as the physical mount for the dbal, and the light mount hangs off the side of the hub and accepts a scout directly.  About as low profile and "tucked" as someone could ask for, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'll post up how it goes!
View Quote
Nice. I forgot about the hub. You cant go wrong with UT....they make great stuff.

Good luck bro.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#8]
You also might want to try the Arisaka Offset Scout mount in the Mlok version. I am using this mount with my Dbal A3 on the right side and have just enough clearance. But if you are trying to run it on the left side you should have more than enough play room with it's three adjustable spaces.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top