Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2017 8:51:49 PM EDT
I just ordered a MFT torch backup light in white / red - 10 lumen each color.

I bought it to light my path in the dark and not need to blast out the 350 lumens of my WML.

Anyone else have one?  I'm hoping 10 lumens in red or white will be enough.

@Tomac

I'm pretty sure I saw one mounted on your AR in a picture you posted.  Not sure which model it was though.

Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I have the red/white version on all my AR's, nice to be able to move from point A to point B at night w/o ruining my night vision or broadcasting my location.
I found mounting it on the bottom of the handguard aims the light perfectly to light my path when at low ready since the light angles down slightly.
For the low weight & cost, I think it adds a lot of capability (YMMV).

Tomac

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, I have the red/white version on all my AR's, nice to be able to move from point A to point B at night w/o ruining my night vision or broadcasting my location.
I found mounting it on the bottom of the handguard aims the light perfectly to light my path when at low ready since the light angles down slightly.
For the low weight & cost, I think it adds a lot of capability (YMMV).

Tomac

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1593/P3130001-199915.JPG
View Quote

Thanks for the reply.   That was my thought too.  But I watched a youtube video and it didn't look very bright.  I don't want it very bright but it looked too dim. I was hoping it was just their camera. I guess I'll know in a few days.

The dual white light 20 lumen model looked too bright for what I want it for.

Thanks again.

Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply.   That was my thought too.  But I watched a youtube video and it didn't look very bright.  I don't want it very bright but it looked too dim. I was hoping it was just their camera. I guess I'll know in a few days.
The dual white light 20 lumen model looked too bright for what I want it for.
Thanks again.
View Quote
You're welcome.
I've used mine both indoors and outdoors at night.
The first red setting is very dim, probably most useful when your eyes are fully adjusted to the dark.
The second red setting is my favorite, instantly usable w/o being too bright or having to wait for your eyes to adjust.
The white is a useful option when you need to see/examine something in greater detail, but I generally run the 2nd red setting.

Tomac
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:16:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Update.

Received it yesterday.   The first red isn't too bad but the 2nd is much better / brighter.  I doubt I'll use the white much but it is pretty bright.  Almost too bright for my intend use.

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Update.
Received it yesterday.   The first red isn't too bad but the 2nd is much better / brighter.  I doubt I'll use the white much but it is pretty bright.  Almost too bright for my intend use.
View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.missionfirsttactical.com/Products/Light-Laser-Mounts/TBLWR-Torch-Backup-Light-White-Red

The one?

Looks like a nice option
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://www.missionfirsttactical.com/Products/Light-Laser-Mounts/TBLWR-Torch-Backup-Light-White-Red

The one?

Looks like a nice option
View Quote

Yes, that is it.

Link Posted: 6/15/2017 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#8]
It's tits.  Very handy while low profile as a nav/admin light.  Controls and light levels are well thought out.  I have a Princeton Tec branded version that I believe is the exact same product.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top