Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2017 11:36:52 PM EDT
I have some older Surefire 6P and 6Z flashlights, looking for a good source for LED replacement bulbs.

Looked on Amazon and ot sure of the brands that had listed.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Malkoff devices is the gold standard.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Malkoff devices is the gold standard.
View Quote
+1

Love mine, ill be upgrading my maglite also whne i get around to it. Haha
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

+1

Love mine, ill be upgrading my maglite also whne i get around to it. Haha
View Quote
Lumensfactory has a warm LED drop-in that fits my Z2 better than a Malkoff and is lighter in weight.
My Malkoff sits in a VME head which it fits perfectly/better than in a Surefire.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have some older Surefire 6P and 6Z flashlights, looking for a good source for LED replacement bulbs.

Looked on Amazon and ot sure of the brands that had listed.

Thanks,

View Quote

Malkoff makes some good stuff. EDC+ drop-ins are also good. NAILBENDER will make you something absurd. Oveready makes the most Gucci. The list goes on.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I have only had one Malkoff LED head go dead on me, and with the brutal treatment some of these get at the hands of the grandchildren that's pretty dang good.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have only had one Malkoff LED head go dead on me, and with the brutal treatment some of these get at the hands of the grandchildren that's pretty dang good.
View Quote
Got a quote from Brightflaslights for some Malkoffs. Never heard of this brand, but they seem to get high reviews and are recommended.

Thanks for all of the input.

Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Got a quote from Brightflaslights for some Malkoffs. Never heard of this brand, but they seem to get high reviews and are recommended.

Thanks for all of the input.

View Quote
I'd consider them the best choice for a mission critical piece of gear.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 5:30:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd consider them the best choice for a mission critical piece of gear.
View Quote
Ordered a Malkoff from Brightflashlights, Kevin was excellent on the communication, best I have dealt with.  Will try this bulb and see what it looks like.  I have five more lights that need new bulbs.

While I was on the phone with Kevin, I add a Streamlight TLR 1 HL to the order for my Sig 229 nightstand gun.  

Will provide and update when it arrives, should be today or Monday.

Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#9]
The Malkoff arrive today, from Bright Flashlights....

Immediate shipping and customer service, excellent, will go to Kevin again.

I ordered the M61 and installed it in my SF 6P, the difference is unbelievable, not only is the right brighter, but the flood is outstanding.  I can shine down my dark hallway (6 feet wide, 24 feet long) and see all of the walls, all the way down.

Will give it a try tonight at dark, from my back door to the corner of the property is 200+ feet.  Will see how it works.  

The TRL 1 HL did not arrive yet, it is 800 lumens and I am sure will work across the entire yard.

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#10]
The TRL 1 HL came in and it is outstanding...floods my back yard...I highly recommend this light.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top