Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2017 11:56:38 AM EDT
Id like some feedback on the use of the surefire ds00 duel tail switch with St07 pressure switch.  I have  a surefire m600 scout light and prefer the tape switch over the push/clicky cap.  I was thinking about getting the ds00 because it has the redundancy of the click button should the pressure switch fail.  Any thoughts on the matter and personal experience would be appreciated.  Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer to run a dual switch tail cap not just for the redundancy but it allows you to operate the light with either hand with a back up push button for either hand of your choice (usually for your support side). I usually mount my tape switch at 12:00 with a white light only. If your running a IR laser and a IR/white light with tape switches for each a 12:00 laser and a 6:00 light switch works well. Mounting your switch at different locations, then shouldering your rig, operating the tape switch several times will give you an idea where to mount it. Mounting it where you have to extend/hold your support arm/hand at odd angles will fatigue you very quickly and make your rig very heavy to hold up for a short period of time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you used the ds00 or know of its reliability?  The concept sounds great but I don't see that much about it and the very limited reviews are mixed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you used the ds00 or know of its reliability?  The concept sounds great but I don't see that much about it and the very limited reviews are mixed.
View Quote
Ive used the SureFire XM00 which is exactly the same just for different light bodies. Ive never had a problem and have used them under harsh conditions. SureFire has a lifetime no questions asked warranty. If you need one with a pressure pad for a M952, 6P, G2, G2X or 1" bodied flashlight pm me as I have a few I will be listing soon in the EE.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want push-button and tapeswitch functionality for Scout lights, the DS00 tail cap is your only option.

I have one and it works as advertised. It is well built as you'd expect from SF. I especially like it in conjunction with a VFG with light mounted at 3:00 (or 9:00 if a lefty) because you can orient the push button toward the 6:00, making it very comfortable to reach with your thumb.

My only beef is that it adds length to the light body. Couple that with the length of the switch plug and you start to lose some compactness of the Scout light (thus, one may prefer to use it on a M300 vice the M600).

I really wish SF would come out with a 90-degree switch plug but that's a different issue.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#5]
That was the thought and how I have my light and grip set up.  I'm surprised I don't see much in the way of discussion on these or the use of them.  I wish there were more reviews because the few that are out seem mixed. One issue is intermittent problems with the tape switch connection. I'm going out on a limb and assuming that it's worn tape switches or connectors and not the end cap.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#6]
What was the consensus on the 1" body duel switch units, were they robust or did they have any issues.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What was the consensus on the 1" body duel switch units, were they robust or did they have any issues.
View Quote
I'd say so since they've been fielded by our military and LE from the mid 2000s to now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I appreciate the information
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine is pretty good I like that it attaches to a 1913 rail by itself  no glue, tape, or wire ties.

my only complaint is the on/off toggle is hard to activate with my hand injuries.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe you're referring to the SR07 switch. I was inquiring about the switch that attaches to the light body itself. It's a combination, both clicky switch and it has the pressure switch adaptation. Should the pressure switch fail you can use the clicky switch at the back of the light body. It can use both pressure switches
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 12:09:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I believe you're referring to the SR07 switch. I was inquiring about the switch that attaches to the light body itself. It's a combination, both clicky switch and it has the pressure switch adaptation. Should the pressure switch fail you can use the clicky switch at the back of the light body. It can use both pressure switches
View Quote
Just a bit of FYI the SR07 denotes a rail mounted switch with a (7") cable. A SR09 would have a (9") cable etc...
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top