Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/12/2017 2:34:18 PM EDT
Hi all,

I use my AR-15 for home defense.  
I have considered the pros and cons of this vs my 12 gauge vs my .40 SW pistol.   Not looking for input on my decision in this thread.

What I am wondering, though, is if anyone has used this product?  It seems like it would be an EXTREMELY versatile tool for home defense.  With both a light and a laser attached, it would be great (it seems like) for home defense scenarios, where my longest shot would be 25 yards.  I wouldn't have to worry about a perfect cheek weld, like with a LPV or red dot.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't have any first hand experience with the Viridian product, but I just put a TLR2-G on a 300BLK build for the same reason you are considering a light/laser combo.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you like it?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it.

I have a couple of TLR1s on pistols, and previously had one on this build, so I already had confidence in the product line. But, like you, I considered a light plus laser would be more advantageous on a HD gun. I imagine a home defense situation would be extremely chaotic, so more options are a plus - I hope I NEVER have to find out. I am glad I chose a green laser as it is brighter (compared to a stand alone red laser I have) and stands out better.  I have a different rail piece on order to move it to a better position and will post a couple of pics once that's installed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top