Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/9/2017 3:37:49 AM EDT
I just received my SF x300u-b today. Not having had a SF pistol light in the past, I'm not familiar with them.
Compared to my Streamlight TLR's, the rocker switch seems very stiff in the up & down motion.
Is this normal?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The TLR switch is too easy to activate partially because you use it for temp activation. On Surefire you press from rear toward front. You don't want to accidentally activate perm on which is what the up and down is for. Please don't tell me you are trying to use the Ricker up and down for temporary activation.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 6:11:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Compared to the Surefire, the TLR switch is a loose whore.
No, I'm not temp activating the X300 with the rocker. It is spring loaded. But there is so much drag in the rocker switch, it feels cheaply designed.
The clamping and screw, suck
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#4]
All my TLR pistol lights are much loser, easier to activate than any Surefire X300 that I have tried.

I prefer the TLR lose/easy activation, although the Surefire "seems" more durable. They also work differently...TLR you push down while the SF you push forward (temp. activation)
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
It's normal, and desirable for serious use.

The TLRs could get you into trouble with negligently discharging it drawing/holstering.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I prefer the stiffer operation of the Surefire having owned Streamlight as well.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top