Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/4/2017 9:48:14 AM EDT
I heed something similar to a TLR-1 HL aka bright pistol light to go at 12 o'clock on one of my ARs in front of the front sight. The issue is that the little milled rail section on my 13" ALG is too short for the TLR-1 to fit.  I need a light that will fit on a 4 slot rail section with no room for the back end to go further back. Yes I know I can get offset rails or mount rails to the hand guard,  I just don't want to if I don't have to.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
No one makes that I have tried multiple ideas & products all were a waste of time.  theinfront of the  FSB  adapter maker just did not make the rail long enough. to be useful. I have to use a tape switch then ot is way to short

I had the most success with a 45 degree mount but the above GG&G mount worked well.

I finally grabbed a PSA  FF railed mlok UPPER WITH NO FSB and am trying to learn how to make that work, now.

this piece is very promising to me.

My goal is a dual  tlr build a tlr-2 all IR & a tlr-1 hl

have you looked at a 6:00 bayonet lug mounted rail? many have gone that route.

good luck OP
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#2]
The ALG rail leaves just enough room for the front sight. I experienced a similar situation with a different hand guard. Unfortunately, to the best of my searching for the ideal configuration, there was none.
Unless you want to offset to 11 or 1 (easiest with Arisaka mount) the only "simple way of going about it, is to add more rail behind what's out front now.
Least if you add a short piece, you can add the front sight behind the light.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Disregard, figured out your issue.

I would just mount the light at an angle or get an MLOK rail section and mount the BUIS to that a little further back from the integral rail at the 12 o'clock.  Or ditch the IS altogether.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No one makes that I have tried multiple ideas & products all were a waste of time.  theinfront of the  FSB  adapter maker just did not make the rail long enough. to be useful. I have to use a tape switch then ot is way to short

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/Rennwagen1/photobucket-5620-1326570077991.jpg

I had the most success with a 45 degree mount but the above GG&G mount worked well.

I finally grabbed a PSA  FF railed mlok UPPER WITH NO FSB and am trying to learn how to make that work, now.

https://www.arsonmachine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/WML7.jpg

this piece is very promising to me.

My goal is a dual  tlr build a tlr-2 all IR & a tlr-1 hl

have you looked at a 6:00 bayonet lug mounted rail? many have gone that route.

good luck OP
View Quote
I'm guessing he doesn't have a FSB considering he's talking about a 13" FF handguard.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 2:14:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Your only real option is going to be to mount a section at two or ten o'clock, because that front section on the V2 is too short to fit anything else. I removed a WMLx (800 lumen) and rail section from my 13" ALG build yesterday and replaced it with a lower-profile Arisaka 300 build. The WMLx is absolutely as bright at the TLR-1HLs I have, and the push button is pretty ideal for something mounted diagonally (and you can lock it out, unlike the TLR-1HL).

Send me a PM if you want to make a deal for the light and rail section. They's going to go up on the EE when I get around to taking photos, otherwise.

edit: I should also note that running the TLR-1HL at an angle is really awkward. It works best when centered, or vertical.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Well never hurts to ask. Thanks guys. I'll just have to use a rail mount.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm guessing he doesn't have a FSB considering he's talking about a 13" FF handguard.
View Quote
in OP he said in front of front sight
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top