Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2017 7:03:39 PM EDT
For $150.00
Been looking for a light for my home defence rifle and I've never owned surefire lights.
So my question is should I jump on thisl or is there better for less?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy all of them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems like a really good deal.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Dammit, I was hoping to hear they were junk and to pass.
Guess I'll be swinging by there on my way to work in the morning. I'll post updates once it's in my hand.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Update;
Grabbed the last one at Wal-Mart on my way to work this morning. I did not read the box and realized after purchase that I bought a discontinued version with 200 lumen instead of the 300 lumen.
Light seems to be very solid and both pressure switch and tail cap work awesome. I really like it but I'll know better tonight when I test it in and around my home. I just hope its bright enough.

Edit; This one
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update;
Grabbed the last one at Wal-Mart on my way to work this morning. I did not read the box and realized after purchase that I bought a discontinued version with 200 lumen instead of the 300 lumen.
Light seems to be very solid and both pressure switch and tail cap work awesome. I really like it but I'll know better tonight when I test it in and around my home. I just hope its bright enough.
View Quote
You can replace the heads on surefires.  Lumens is not the only determining factor for putting light on things.  There is also spill, throw, lux at particular distancea, etc.  On a one cell light you could get a 300 lumen head if you feel the 200 is insufficient for the distances you encounter.  A 300lum will also have less run time, if that matters to you.  A well-designed reflector pushing 200lum might be more useful to you than a less well designed reflector pushing 300lum. Short answer is that malkoff makes a 300lum m300 scout head, and surefire themselves make different heads.  As do a few other companies.  Here are some links from flashlight nerds:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?414190-Surefire-m300-mini-scout-questions

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?414943-Is-there-an-easy-upgrade-to-a-Surefire-M300-with-a-KE1A-head

https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.com/products/e1-scout-m300-1cr123-head

https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.com/products/e1t-scout-m300-1cr123-head

Try it out as is, it's a great deal for 150 and if you want to go to the newer or malkoff head you can do so and sell the KE1A head, which is rare and there are people who would pay good money for it.

You're still doing good.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought all Wal marts discontinued surefires about a year ago? I remember some threads on here and I picked up several handhelds and a x300u for $150.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought all Wal marts discontinued surefires about a year ago? I remember some threads on here and I picked up several handhelds and a x300u for $150.
View Quote
Lady at register said they've had it a long time
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 1:28:25 AM EDT
[#9]
My wallyworld has some in the case. Maybe I'll take a peek at the prices.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought 2 locally last year for $150 each.
If they have had them for a while, they are probably willing to deal to move them.
Doesent hurt to ask.
The ones I got were x300u's
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top