Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/23/2017 6:44:11 PM EDT
Who has this rail and what mounts are you using. I have Keymod version and With the QD mount up front I intend to place the light as far forward as possible, but not finding many setups out there. Open to all forms, ring, 1913 and scout- long term plan is to place a DBAL or PEQ type up front so would prefer clearance but is not NECESSITY as wont be for some time.

Looking for offset but open to inline side mounting as well.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:11:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's a scout on a bcm mount. I like it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:22:28 AM EDT
[#2]
That's almost exactly what I'd hoped the light position would be perhaps a hair more forward.

Thanks for posting
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#3]
No problem, from when I was looking I believe the arisaka defense mount rides a bit more forward but I was worried about clearance between my front sight and the intellibeam head as it rides a bit closer to the rail as well from what I could see.

I like the rail (and options are slightly limited without unpinning a flash hider) but the swell around the qd point up there made me think too much about lights and mounts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here's a scout on a bcm mount. I like it.https://i.imgsafe.org/8d6a5f416a.jpg
https://i.imgsafe.org/8d6b05eec6.jpg
View Quote
Will the head of the light fit on the rail instead of extended over the barrel?

The reason I ask, is because I have a 15" BCM rail on my 16" gun...I'd prefer not to have the light equal with the flash hider so it it takes all the gases coming out of the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Will the head of the light fit on the rail instead of extended over the barrel?
View Quote
Almost certainly with the bcm mount. Mines a little tight but would fit and the intellibeam head is a bit chunkier than other options. Can't vouch for any of the other mounts that may tuck a little tighter as the rev2 is a skinny little guy.

An aside on the ib head: mostly worth it, haven't found a real downside yet, but can't vouch for longevity. Autodimming is just barely noticeable when you're suddenly lighting up something way too close to you, but beats fiddling with various knobs and fiddly bits and is back on full blast immediately.

ETA, just saw bcm rail. Still sticking with almost certainly yes, but no longer can speak exactly.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:31:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought I had a picture, but I have searched around and I guess not. I ran a M600 on mine before I switched to a X300.
I have a 12" keymod on a 14.5" barrel. I ran a Daniel Defense fixed front sight up front, with a Gear Sector mount behind it with the M600 out at 1 'O clock, and a SR07 tape switch behind the mount. It took up a good deal of real estate on the rail, but kept the sides clean, and put the light out past the front sight with no shadow from the barrel.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top