Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2017 8:13:35 PM EDT
So I have a brand new in the pouch desert tan PEQ 14 from when I was a contractor. It is the LE/Mil version with the 5MW laser.

My question is how do you sell one of these? Does it have to go to active military or police? Is it illegal to mail it? I saw online used ones were selling for 1500-1800 bucks. I'd be happy to get 1200.

Any input?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You can just sell it like any piece of gear, save for a few small details. It is not actually illegal to own (assuming it wasn't stolen and I have no reason to doubt you). The only thing about which you really have to worry is ITAR, so don't sell it to a foreigner or ship it out of the country. If you sell it on gun boards, that shouldn't be a problem. If you go eBay with it (which will likely give you the best chance of selling it at the highest price---though the fees with eBay and Paypal can order on 13%), just be clear that you won't ship it out of the country or to US addresses with foreign PayPal accounts (you would be surprised). I would also partially cover the serial number if showing any pics.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok great, I appreciate the info. I wasn't sure with ITAR.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Assuming legal acquisition on your part, post it in the EE or on EBay. Just don't be shocked if .gov comes calling for the item.

It's a grey market item and they tend to reacquire those items after a time.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:26:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you Mike
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top