Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2017 1:27:31 PM EDT
I need a brighter light, fast. I'll be using 18650s primarily. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me, I know they are sort of specific questions, but I don't have a chance to go put my hands on one in the next fews days.

I've watched youtube vids, and I have the physical size specs. This isn't going to be a CCW light, but I want to know how it fits in a BDU regular size "hands" pocket or rear "wallet" pocket: Lense up or down. It doesn't need to be concealed, but it needs to not fly out easily if I need to move, and be easy enough to pull out and use with one hand.

Also, with the streamlight tap-ten, whatever system. I want it to be either momentary-(Brightest setting possible), and click (Brightest setting possible). Is that a doable setting with the click-through programming? Do I need to (reprogram it?) reset it when I switch batteries?

Thanks again.

Amazon Product
  • C4 LED technology for extreme brightness
  • Runs on (4) 3 volt lithium CR123A (supplied) batteries or (2) 18650 Li Ion batteries
  • Ambidextrous momentary/steady on-off switch

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had the light and have been using it for a few weeks.

Super bright. Almost too bright to use as a general flashlight on it's brightest setting. More of a yellowish type of light than my other LED "white" lights. I haven't played with trying to program the tap-ten crap on it. So far it's been perfect for desert night type work use, and it's bright enough to disorient people in a regularly lit office building.

I've used it a couple times in a BDU type pocket. The rear pocket it fits fine and stays put with some running around, which was an important thing.

Here's a pic for comparison to a SF 6p, a nitecore light, and a g17 mag.

Attachment Attached File

Hopefully that helps somebody if they are looking.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top