Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/2/2017 1:30:56 AM EDT
I just got one of these (coming in the mail) and it seems there are two versions?  A 150 lumen version and a 350 lumen version?  

How can one tell?  here is a pic:
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 2:41:02 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC the KM3 head which is what you have is available in 350 and 150 lumens white light. From what I understand to tell the heads apart is the 350 has a laser etched data tag on the head and the light is brilliant white in color. Also the 150 lumen KM3 has a blue hue/tint to the white light.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#2]
It seems these can develop flickering issues. If that happens and Surefire fixes it, for that mean it's really fixed?  As in they've determined the problem and really fixed it? Or do they just replace the head and it'll happen again.

I'd be disappointed if it's the latter. This is my first Surefire and all I hear about it how legendary they are. Of course the version I get isn't. Lol.

If they don't have a permanent fix I might just resell it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the flickering issue on a M952VTN with the 150 lumen head, sent it in and SureFire sent me a new one in black with the 350 lumen head. From what the tech told me the problem is in the circuitry and tail cap, so they just send out new updated ones.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had the flickering issue on a M952VTN with the 150 lumen head, sent it in and SureFire sent me a new one in black with the 350 lumen head. From what the tech told me the problem is in the circuitry and tail cap, so they just send out new updated ones.
View Quote

That's very good to hear. I'll keep it then. Sorta sucks to possibly loose the tan if it develops the issue but the bump in lumens is nice.

Question though, what happens if I don't have the stock mount and only have the LaRue mount?  I know you don't know for certain but what do you think?  Will that screw me?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's very good to hear. I'll keep it then. Sorta sucks to possibly loose the tan if it develops the issue but the bump in lumens is nice.

Question though, what happens if I don't have the stock mount and only have the LaRue mount?  I know you don't know for certain but what do you think?  Will that screw me?
View Quote

You should call them and see what they say. Although I wouldn't send in the Larue mount I'd at least let them know it will me missing the mount. When I sent my light in I didn't include the pressure pad since I assumed they would repair it. When I received the replacement it had a new pressure pad included with the new light.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You should call them and see what they say. Although I wouldn't send in the Larue mount I'd at least let them know it will me missing the mount. When I sent my light in I didn't include the pressure pad since I assumed they would repair it. When I received the replacement it had a new pressure pad included with the new light.
View Quote

I'll call them. I don't care if they keep the mount truth be told. As long as I get a new light I can count on.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm calling them now.  I need to get mine fixed.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm calling them now.  I need to get mine fixed.
View Quote

Keep me updated please :)
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I got an RMA number. Hopefully I can send it back tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I got an RMA number. Hopefully I can send it back tomorrow.
View Quote

Hmmm. I guess I'll call. Cool.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I sent two in for repair.  Their RMA email said to expect 2-4 weeks for turnaround.  Hopefully they get them fixed or replace them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I sent two in for repair.  Their RMA email said to expect 2-4 weeks for turnaround.  Hopefully they get them fixed or replace them.
View Quote

What was wrong with em? Luckily I haven't had any issues with my 952V's or 951's yet. (Knocks on wood)
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#13]
One was completely dead and wouldn't turn on.  The other liked to pop off the rail when you were shooting.  I think  the second one flickered as well.  It's been a year or two since I messed with it though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:23:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One was completely dead and wouldn't turn on.  The other liked to pop off the rail when you were shooting.  I think  the second one flickered as well.  It's been a year or two since I messed with it though.
View Quote

Gotcha. When I first bought my first 952V I thought it was broken out of the box and finally realized I had to rotate the tailcap (some sort of lockout feature) I also ditched the stock mount for an ARMS #17. Didn't have an issue with the stock mount per se, but I am obsessed with ARMS levers. And the stock mount did seem a little meh to me.

Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Supposedly you'll get the new 350 lumen version but in black. No more tan.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Since they sell the head separately I wander if you can just return a dead one or still needs the whole thing. Guess I need to ask when I call. Got one also does nothing and have ruled out tail cap and body.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top