Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2017 2:37:04 PM EDT
Might be able to scoop one up just need to know how to tell if it's legit and what would be a fair price for it. Does it Have and NSN on it somewhere on the body or other markings etc etc? I know in the civilian version the IR beam/illuminator knob is fixed and the MIL one it's adjustable. Anything else I should know?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#2]
10-12 yrs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't legal to own u just can't buy it from the maker directly.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, but buying stolen goods is illegal, and it is more than likely stolen.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#6]
can i ask for the nsn number call insight and ask if its legit and non stolen?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

NSN will be the generic number for the model. There will be a serial number on them. You can call or email them and they will have records of whom it was sold to originally. These aren't generally sold off by the police teams that get them, and the military doesn't drmo these out. The handful that generally pop up on ebay or other places have turned out to be poorly made fakes, well made fakes, or stolen.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#8]
OP is going to get a visit from someone soon.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:53:29 AM EDT
[#9]
woah na i didnt buy it, just got an offer.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:34:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
woah na i didnt buy it, just got an offer.
View Quote

then they'll  want to know who offered.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:58:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

They'll probably tell you it's .gov property and just refer you to a federal LEA.  Full power units are not sold to civilians and not surplused from .mil.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:02:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or buy it from anyone else... since that is a crime.

It's illegal to BUY stolen property. It's called THEFT. So your post is right... it ISN'T legal to own, because you knowingly purchased stolen property.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#13]
With the C model being out I don't understand why .mil models are even entertained.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Or buy it from anyone else... since that is a crime.

It's illegal to BUY stolen property. It's called THEFT. So your post is right... it ISN'T legal to own, because you knowingly purchased stolen property.
View Quote

They're not always stolen.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:40:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
HERE'S ONE ON THE EE that can be purchased LEGALLY (with no late night knocks on ones door) and ROCK with the best of the restricted units and even has a 100 yard bright sunny day green vis laser!  It's called a B.E. Meyers Class 1 + (PLUS)
View Quote

be still my heart!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I got into a fight with a guy on tacswap over these. Him and his friend swore these were legal to sell to civilians. Told me he spoke to lawyers and him and his friends were contractors. I looked at thier profiles and they seem to be telling the truth about that.

I told him the gov considers these stolen property. He said I was trying to ruin his sale.

I told his to see the stickies post in EE but he said I shouldn't believe what I read on message boards.

He also said company's like TNVC can sell class 3 stuff to civi's they just don't to avoid hassle and liability. Plus they want to punch thier own class one stuff.

He laughed when I pointed him to "agent wu's" contact info.

So what is the deal. What's the truth.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#19]
There is a very GTG guy on the web you can get them from. Will's Optics. I have bought 2 LA-5 kits from him, very great guy to deal with. I know he had a very small supply of LA-5's but did have regular PEQ-15's. He had not long ago listed a PEQ-16 also. Pretty much the go to guy for hard to find stuff like this and has a legit source from where he got them. Mine are slightly used, but in great shape and perfect function.

You are going to pay for them, same price range as the new BE Meyers MAWL. I like the LA-5 for the illuminator use with a clip on NOD. For a carbine I'd probably just roll with a MAWL.

I hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top