Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2017 1:28:38 PM EDT
Ive never seen this before and had the light for over 2yrs, I was playing with the IR and when I push the side switch
it starting strobing? I can't find any info, any intake?
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Send it back to Surefire.  I had an older vampire scout that started doing that a few years ago.  It started started strobing on white light.  I have also seen about 6 out of 22 600v lights that were faulty.  We received them in late 2015 and within a couple of months had problems with them going dim and having a large dark spot where the hot spot of the beam should be.  Surefire replaced them and their customer service was great but it seems that the v series head can be problematic.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Its seems to be a problem with the M952V also. The great thing is surefire will send you a brand new updated version, the bad thing is it takes a couple of weeks to get youe light back and getting through CS take a very long time to get through. Call in the am right when they open for the shortest hold time.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its seems to be a problem with the M952V also. The great thing is surefire will send you a brand new updated version, the bad thing is it takes a couple of weeks to get youe light back and getting through CS take a very long time to get through. Call in the am right when they open for the shortest hold time.
View Quote

I just sent them my KM3 head because of this reason? So is Surefire making poor designs or this happens when u shoot with it attached to your weapon after 3-5K rds?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:22:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I just sent them my KM3 head because of this reason? So is Surefire making poor designs or this happens when u shoot with it attached to your weapon after 3-5K rds?
View Quote

From what the SureFire tech told me it had to do with the circuit board, but is now cured with the updated units. Hope you get a new flashlight with the KM2 350 lumen head vs the 150 lumen KM3
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

From what the SureFire tech told me it had to do with the circuit board, but is now cured with the updated units. Hope you get a new flashlight with the KM2 350 lumen head vs the 150 lumen KM3
View Quote

I just sent it to SF for replacement. Hopefully they will take care of it.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top