Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2017 1:01:19 PM EDT
Curious as to why Surefire went to the 505nm diode over the 515nm one a little while back. I was looking to buy one of these but it seems they have gone to diode that isn't nearly as bright as the original. Is the 505nm diode still pretty bright in daylight? I have a TLR-2G, and the laser seems strong enough to bore a hole through the wall lol, but I believe that is a 515 or 530 diode. I haven't been able to find any pics comparing the 505 to the 515 doide.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure how it will affect visibility in daylight but the 505 vs 515-530etc. is just a slightly different shade of green, I wouldn't think it would affect brightness all that much unless the shade of green is a less eye catching color.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, cold performance was the issue. Some green lasers have reduced brightness in cold environments.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top