Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/6/2017 2:03:25 AM EDT
I bought one of these for a cheaper substitute for NV and it's pretty cool imho.
I am wondering if anyone knows of a mount for this light so I can mount it on my rifle? Yes, it's very big and heavy and bulky and I should've bought the ND-3 but it's what I have and I'd like to utilize it how I intended. I'll be using a bipod anyway.
I can't seem to find a flashlight mount that has big enough rings.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok the no replies is killing me.  
Does no one have any experience or advice OR am I a friggin idiot for trying to mount this....pretty large light on my rifle??
There has to be something.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:12:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Spec Sheet
Without having the ND-5 in my hands, here is my guess. A set of 1" dia X 1.5" tall scope rings
Finding your post here has me wondering what you're trying to codger together.

If you plan to mount the ND-5 on the Burris rings, the offsets can change everything I said above.
Good luck
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spec Sheet
Without having the ND-5 in my hands, here is my guess. A set of 1" dia X 1.5" tall scope rings
Finding your post here has me wondering what you're trying to codger together.

If you plan to mount the ND-5 on the Burris rings, the offsets can change everything I said above.
Good luck
View Quote

Not trying to codger anything. This post is about me trying to mount my ND-5 to my rifle for illuminating coyotes at night. Hard to hold your rifle and hold a flashlight separately  all at the same time.
The post you linked about the Burris mount is for a completely different rifle for a completely different purpose. The Burris mount is going to hold a Vortex scope on my 6.8SPC rifle which will probably be a range toy, and I'll hunt deer with it this coming year.
Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#4]
The info I found about the ND5 says the body is 1.2" in diameter.  That's roughly 30mm.

Double check the flashlight bodies diameter, and if it's 1.2"/30mm just get a regular old 30mm scope ring and mount it up to your handguard.

Easiest solution I can come up with.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies. The body of this light isn't evenly shaped because it has splines and dimples which is what makes it difficult. I should have said I tried a 30mm mount no luck.
I know a machinist/barrel maker that I think I can try next.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies. The body of this light isn't evenly shaped because it has splines and dimples which is what makes it difficult. I should have said I tried a 30mm mount no luck.
I know a machinist/barrel maker that I think I can try next.
View Quote

Why didn't the 30mm work?  If it was too large, you could try a piece of bicycle tire inner tube wrapped around the light body.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:58:18 PM EDT
[#7]
How is it 30mm
The ND-5 mount ring is at or near 25mm.
Here's the ND-5 Kit. Verify for yourselves
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Unless I read/seen wrong the ND-5 mount ring is at or near 25mm. No idea where 30mm was assumed
View Quote

The literature that I was able to pull up said the body of the ND5 was 1.2" in diameter (I specifically said that in one of my above posts).  1.2" translates to 30.48mm.

I also said that OP should double check the diameter of the body on his ND5 and go from there.  Seriously, there's like 6 posts in this thread, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out where the 30mm figure came from.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#9]
No worries. Let's just get this guy on the right track!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:35:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Why didn't the 30mm work?  If it was too large, you could try a piece of bicycle tire inner tube wrapped around the light body.
View Quote

https://www.barska.com/ai11720-30mm-picatinny-style-offset-ring-barska.html?___store=sb&gclid=CNjztarLhNICFUm2wAodb3IBMw
This is exactly what I bought thinking no problem. Well, the rings don't go around the body of the light. It was cheap enough where I thought about taking a Dremel tool and shaving some of the sides but that's going to look like hell.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How is it 30mm
The ND-5 mount ring is at or near 25mm.
View Quote

You guys are making me second guess myself but I think I see something weird. My light is a ND-5. The link you have in your post is for an ND-5 mini.
This is ridiculous but they must make a ND-5 & a ND-5mini......??? Doesn't make sense since they make a ND-3.
Tomorrow I can do what I should've done awhile ago and just call Laser Genetics and ask what or if there is a mount for the light I have. I'm going to feel stupid but I guess I already do by embarrassing myself on here...
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I called Laser Genetics today and got some really nice one word answers. The light you were referring to is a ND-5mini but I have a ND-5. There isn't a mount for an ND-5.
Time to figure out a custom mount.
Challenge accepted
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:13:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I called Laser Genetics today and got some really nice one word answers. The light you were referring to is a ND-5mini but I have a ND-5. There isn't a mount for an ND-5.
Time to figure out a custom mount.
Challenge accepted
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:30:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Chain link portable fence clamp

Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:17:22 AM EDT
[#15]

I am not a cobbler and now it's on! I am determined to mount this damn light....without a frickin hose clamp.
I'll let you know what happens.
Thanks! Lol
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top