Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2017 8:53:02 AM EDT
I once read a post here named "working mans weapon light"

Solarforce L2 ,single mode emitter, and cheap amazon mount.

That's what I run.

I reccommend a dedicated light on weapon,meaning, it stays on weapon.

Get another light for edc.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a custom built light too.

Solarforce L2P host in an MT 45 offset mount. The light pushes 1250lm high and 200lm low, with mode lock. Runtimes are 1hr and 6hr respectively. Takes a bit of secret sauce to build a light this bright and take repeat recoil. But it can be had for under $100.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The SF L2M host was my dedicated WML in the past. Dual fueled bore is nice. I would, however, like to have the same L2m lego style slimmed down on the outside, and dedicated CR123's only to reduce profile.
What's available for long range thrower heads?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Chinese surefire knockoff light in a cheap (presumably chinese) mount.

Cool story bro.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:45:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Chinese surefire knockoff light in a cheap (presumably chinese) mount.

Cool story bro.
View Quote

Knockoff of an old style of light Surefire don't even make anymore. A LED and smd circuit board really don't need shockproofing if the soldering is good and as long as the metal holds and you've loctited the screws a mount is a mount.

Something to consider is the Bayco Tac 300B-K01. Comes with a workable tape switch and a picatinny mount. 200ish lumens, a good 5500-6000k tint, potted module, waterproof body.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:00:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Knockoff of an old style of light Surefire don't even make anymore. A LED and smd circuit board really don't need shockproofing if the soldering is good and as long as the metal holds and you've loctited the screws a mount is a mount.

Something to consider is the Bayco Tac 300B-K01. Comes with a workable tape switch and a picatinny mount. 200ish lumens, a good 5500-6000k tint, potted module, waterproof body.
View Quote

Not sure if you're serious or joking.. Hopefully the latter.

Not all LED lights are weapon lights.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:29:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not sure if you're serious or joking.. Hopefully the latter.
View Quote
You baited that hook. I took that he was serious.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:31:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought it was a surefire g2x in a 1" scope ring?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I thought it was a surefire g2x in a 1" scope ring?
View Quote

I don't know about the scope ring, but inexpensive 1" flashlight mount works for me. G2x is a winner in my book.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#9]
O'lights ... I've used them for wildlife management on Benelli 12ga.  Hold up well even under 12ga pounding.  Have a pretty good pressure switch.  I use the M3XS Javelot on longer range AR15 or .223 bolt rifle work and/or the Benelli if I want to really light them up.  Or the M22 for the shotgun or a crossbow in a lighter weight & smaller package.  (Think it's M23 now)  I have and still use a lot of lights, Surefires, Fenix, O'light, Thrunite, Deerelight, Streamlight, Nitecore, Klarus ... used a lot of them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#10]
the fenix rco 5 is the nicest EDC handheld I have found it is rechargeable & bright.

For a dedicated weapon light get the  tlr that fits your needs.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#11]
G2X and GG&G flashlight mount both in Amazon for $70 with shipping. Hard to beat for surefire quality. 
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#12]
i use the nebo rm 190 its held up to recoil had gotten it for 29$ and it is easy to manipulate and has strobe option i once read anything over 100 lumens is overkill when clearing houses and if your hunting at night get a spotlight
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#13]
For an EDC I carry a Browning microblast. For a weapon light, I don't need one, I can see in the dark. However I don't see the point in spending hundreds of dollars on a light because of a name. If it hold up to recoil and is reliable then it's all good on my book.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top