Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/4/2017 7:39:14 PM EDT
New product but... any more info on these? I like the APL design and the glock compact model is flush mounting with a glock 19.

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/01/17/inforce-new-compact-and-gen3-pistol-mounted-lights-introduced/

Few photos from google.

Link Posted: 2/4/2017 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:46:41 AM EDT
[#2]
These look great,  I will be diversifying my light collection with some Inforce lights.  Just wondering when will they be available.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Just bought a FDE Gen2 for $99 from Primary Arms, I might have waited if they gave us an expected release date...
I really like the APL, this will be my 3rd one.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I won't ever buy another APL. The gen1 problems with the lights flying off my handguns during recoil was due to a design flaw and forgivable with the updates given to the gen 2, but I've been through 3 gen 2 APLs, none were overtightened at the mounting screw, and all three eventually ended up with cracked polymer where it mounts to the rail. I only have pictures of one, excuse the bad iphone pics:

Inforce customer service is great, but I've gotten tired of replacing these things. I've also witnessed WML body's cracking, I'm not sure if its just the type of polymer they use? or on a handgun constant in and out of holster? Don't know. FWIW these lights weren't abused that bad, I'm not kicking in doors in Fallujah, just range and classes. Maybe I'm the only one with this issue, but I will be sticking with my Surefire X300U's
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess I'm lucky, I've not had any trouble out of mine in the woods, matches, etc.
I had a gen1 on a M&P45, it never flew off, but you could rip it off with your hand, so I swapped it for a gen2, no issues.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:28:35 PM EDT
[#6]
According to the description, Inforce has taken action to resolve the failure modes of the older generations:

"...the Gen3 APL integrates with MIL-STD-1913 and Universal rails and features a new glass reinforced polymer body, which offers higher-impact resistance and durability...."

"Aluminum clamping system for improved strength and durability"

ETA:  Thanks for posting this OP,  I'm in the market for one of these and had no idea Gen3 was coming soon.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just bought a FDE Gen2 for $99 from Primary Arms, I might have waited if they gave us an expected release date...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Now down to $88.88.  I pulled the trigger on a black one for my Sig P320 Full-size.  Was going to go with a Streamlight TLR-3, until I realized it took a CR2, as opposed to a CR-123.  WTH was Streamlight thinking on that one?

Quoted:
I really like the APL, this will be my 3rd one.

I'll find out if I like it.  I know I really like the Gen. 2 WML on my AR.

As for the cracking/breaking: That's disturbing news.  Guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

I just searched on "Inforce APL crack" (w/o the quotes) and didn't come up with much, so, I'm guessing, it must not be a wide-spread problem?

Ej6fade: Did all three of yours break on the screw side?  If so: I would think it'd be easy for Inforce to replace that part with a stronger one, w/o replacing the entire light.  Heck, I've a machinist buddy who, given an unbroken part, could probably easily fabricate an exact duplicate in aircraft-grade aluminum.  Get it anodized and Bob's your uncle.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:44:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Out of all the lights, inforce is the one you hear the most problems from.

Honestly for the money, I'm willing to try out the new compact light. Like others have said, it's an xc1 at half the cost. I have surefires and streamlights, I'm willing to give it a try.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 4:01:40 AM EDT
[#9]
My APL Gen 2 is still hanging in there. Then again...haven't really used it much....

Been afraid to, to be honest.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:41:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:44:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Now down to $88.88.  I pulled the trigger on a black one for my Sig P320 Full-size.  Was going to go with a Streamlight TLR-3, until I realized it took a CR2, as opposed to a CR-123.  WTH was Streamlight thinking on that one?

I'll find out if I like it.  I know I really like the Gen. 2 WML on my AR.

As for the cracking/breaking: That's disturbing news.  Guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

I just searched on "Inforce APL crack" (w/o the quotes) and didn't come up with much, so, I'm guessing, it must not be a wide-spread problem?

Ej6fade: Did all three of yours break on the screw side?  If so: I would think it'd be easy for Inforce to replace that part with a stronger one, w/o replacing the entire light.  Heck, I've a machinist buddy who, given an unbroken part, could probably easily fabricate an exact duplicate in aircraft-grade aluminum.  Get it anodized and Bob's your uncle.
View Quote

I just got mine today.  I hope it doesn't break.......  I like how it works with the switches.  And the light is good.  It's almost a little too much, but I think I can live with it.  

Looks kind of batman ish though.  LOL.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 2:28:30 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Is that a preorder?

I haven't heard or seen any of them in the wild yet.

Also, gen 1 APL's were known to have mount issues. I had not heard of many, if any issues (until this thread) about the gen 2 apl. IMO, inforce gets better with each gen and their CS is excellent. I'm more than willing o give em a shot, especially if they can make a compact pistol light. This coming from a surefire guy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Also, gen 1 APL's were known to have mount issues. I had not heard of many, if any issues (until this thread) about the gen 2 apl.
View Quote

Ej6fade's complaint, above, was the first, and only, I'd heard of it.  I did some superficial searching on the subject and could find no other complaints.

He insists he wasn't over-tightening, but I have my doubts, by the way the breakage in his photo appears.  Then again: I do suspect Inforce may have been having issues with this, because mine came with a sticker on the side with the screw head that read (paraphrasing) "Tighten until just snug, then 1/8 turn more only."

I can see, with that design, how excessive tightness might cause enough point stress to fracture the material.

I tightened mine until it felt right.  Experimented.  Loosened and re-tightened a couple times, even going a bit further than I thought necessary.  Then followed their instructions.  Screw head position ended-up being about where I had originally had it, going by my feel for what was about right.

Not saying this applies to Ej6fade, but many people don't have a good feel for material/application vs. insufficient, proper/adequate, excessive tightening torque.

Of course, now, if mine fails I'll look pretty damn silly, won't I?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Lets hope ours don't.  I really like how it works on my AR.  The switches are very easy and intuitive to me.  I almost wish it was about 50 lumens less.  But I guess it would help blind someone on the other end.  I have to be careful to not look at the walls if I shine on one close.  It's still doesn't ruin my vision at night (although probably ruins night vision).  Meaning it doesn't make me see stars or anything.  But it's like on the verge of being too bright.  I guess that's good enough.  Personally, I don't know how anybody uses most newer surefire products indoors.  Most of theirs are kicking out some crazy amount of light.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I have 2 Gen 1's and like them just fine.

I may grab a new one if I see a deal someday though just because.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Bump for updates, these are shipping now.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:49:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I am really liking mine.  The light level is good for at least indoors.  And it's light weight and the buttons are very intuitive.  I did notice I have to be careful at the range.  When you lay down your rifle because the buttons don't take much to activate, you might turn it on without knowing. I was shooting outdoors in daylight and one time I noticed it was on from resting on the table and I don't know how long it was running for.  LOL.   The buttons are easier hit then like a TLR-1 rocker switch so watch out when resting your rifle on something, outside in the daytime.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 12:40:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Bump for updates, these are shipping now.
View Quote
Link?  

The only place I've even seen them listed is Optics Planet.  They've been forecasting shipments starting in 1-2 weeks for quite a while and that hasn't changed.

Link Posted: 4/7/2017 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am really liking mine.  The light level is good for at least indoors.  And it's light weight and the buttons are very intuitive.  I did notice I have to be careful at the range.  When you lay down your rifle because the buttons don't take much to activate, you might turn it on without knowing. I was shooting outdoors in daylight and one time I noticed it was on from resting on the table and I don't know how long it was running for.  LOL.   The buttons are easier hit then like a TLR-1 rocker switch so watch out when resting your rifle on something, outside in the daytime.
View Quote
If you unthread the front bezel half a turn it won't come on.  I do this when I'm at the range or shooting matches in the daytime, and tighten it back down when it goes in the drawer or safe.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I might try one of these. I found the 200 lumen XC1 and the Gen 2 APL pretty worthless so the 400 lumens sounds adequate.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:  Personally, I don't know how anybody uses most newer surefire products indoors.  Most of theirs are kicking out some crazy amount of light.
View Quote
Well, we start by not pointing them into mirrors and white walls leaving the light on while staring at the hotspot. This is doubly easy in your own home where you know where all the white walls and mirrors are. Use moving strobes in areas not directly where you are looking, and only look at the hotspot when you need to see something that is going to be shot or requires the hotspot to clearly be seen. I suppose shirtless albino meth heads in your living room could be slightly problematic.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Delete.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Are Gen 3 400 lumen lights out in the wild yet?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Are Gen 3 400 lumen lights out in the wild yet?
View Quote
I ordered mine from opticsplanet on Apr 10th, still no word.  Still says will ship in 7 to 16 days,  but that 16 day window has come and gone.

eta:  I just spoke with opticsplanet via chat, and the lady said they were expected to ship on June 10th.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I ordered mine from opticsplanet on Apr 10th, still no word.  Still says will ship in 7 to 16 days,  but that 16 day window has come and gone.

eta:  I just spoke with opticsplanet via chat, and the lady said they were expected to ship on June 10th.
View Quote
That jives with what the owner told me at NRA.  He said a few weeks which would be beginning of June(ish)
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That jives with what the owner told me at NRA.  He said a few weeks which would be beginning of June(ish)
View Quote
Awesome, I was wondering if opticsplanet actually knew or if they were just blowing smoke.  Are you planning a review for it?
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 12:25:47 AM EDT
[#27]
My APL drains its battery without use but this compact model calls to me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#28]
APL compact now in stock at Optics Planet.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#29]
I've got one on the way. Will post up some pics when it gets here
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#30]
My APLc got here today. I have only owned surefire handgun lights up to this point so I do have some reservations about the materials used after seeing that inforce has had some structural failures before, that being said I know that they have altered the blend of the polymer to remedy that issue and I'm willing to gamble with 115 bucks for what this light offers. The size and weight are excellent and I really really like the user interface on the switch. A quick click gives constant on and press, hold and release is momentary. You really don't have to think about it and it is very ergonomic. I will post some beam shots tonight.

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#31]
8 March - I ordered a APL gen 3 Glock model from optics planet .    
6 May - Optics planet replied to my question about ETA.
they claim it will be in stock on 19 May  
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Not total darkness but I got a couple beam shots in the training room at work. Pretty dimly lit. This door is 30ish feet away.

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not total darkness but I got a couple beam shots in the training room at work. Pretty dimly lit. This door is 30ish feet away.
https://i.imgur.com/1aJvr0H.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YRpDcZz.jpg
View Quote
Nice, that compact glock model has 200 lumens right?  I ordered the full-size gen 3 w/ 400 lumens.. so your pictures are very encouraging.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Nice, that compact glock model has 200 lumens right?  I ordered the full-size gen 3 w/ 400 lumens.. so your pictures are very encouraging.
View Quote
Yes sir. It's 200 lumens. I'm going to get some more beam shots tonight after dark. For the price and size I'm happy so far, need to beat on it a little before I reach a final opinion. I do intend to get another one for a glock 29 pretty soon.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Outdoor shots from the deck. About 50 yards to the trees.

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Awesome pics dudes!

For those asking, Trexarms has them in-stock and shipping. No wait.

https://trex-arms.com/store/inforce-aplc/
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Inforce announced on their ig that gen3 apl is now shipping.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is me

I'll post comparison photos with my TLR-1s when I get my preorder from opticsplanet.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Is the mount made of metal now?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:05:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Did they send you a sample to T&E? Very few videos out there now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Product is now official on the Inforce web page, with specs.

http://inforce-mil.com/products/pistol-lights/apl/

Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for the great information and nice photos!

(I am learning about various lights here before I buy)
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Now listed as "in stock" at Optics Planet
(universal model, black)
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#45]
How will it fit on a sig 320?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
How will it fit on a sig 320?
View Quote
According to the info on the web page, it fits all these:

Sig:  1911-All variants with rails, 220,226, 227, 229, 250, 320, 2022

http://inforce-mil.com/products/pistol-lights/apl/#Fit-Chart

Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:24:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

According to the info on the web page, it fits all these:

Sig:  1911-All variants with rails, 220,226, 227, 229, 250, 320, 2022

http://inforce-mil.com/products/pistol-lights/apl/#Fit-Chart

View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Reviving this thread, haha. Having a hard time understanding why there is a Glock model. Their regular Gen3 APL has the universal/1913 mount and states it fits most Glocks anyway....am I missing something?

Reason I ask is - I just purchased the universal model. It will predominantly ride my Glock 17 but on occasion, an M&P 2.0 9mm. I essentially didn't want to rule out the light being used on other pistols I have. So yeah. Help? Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Reviving this thread, haha. Having a hard time understanding why there is a Glock model. Their regular Gen3 APL has the universal/1913 mount and states it fits most Glocks anyway....am I missing something?

Reason I ask is - I just purchased the universal model. It will predominantly ride my Glock 17 but on occasion, an M&P 2.0 9mm. I essentially didn't want to rule out the light being used on other pistols I have. So yeah. Help? Thanks!
View Quote
No clue, the crossbar is just a little different.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#50]
I had prior contacted Inforce and they replied back with...

"The Glock version does not have the universal rail on it. It slides onto the Glock."

That's it. I was like oh alright then. Either way I get my light tomorrow so I'll update further. I don't know why Inforce would even bother with a model specific version but we shall see.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top