Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2017 11:46:38 AM EDT
Sorry if I missed another thread on this, but I'm basically looking for a green laser in the format of a DBAL... something that sits on a top pic rail but works around a deployed front sight and doesn't interfere with an Aimpoint PRO field of view.  I don't need IR, I don't need an illuminator, just a good green laser that is tough but doesn't break the bank. 

I would say sub-$300.  Any good suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#1]
My Crimson Trace Railmaster is a really powerful laser and battery life seems pretty good. But sights do interfere at 12:00 position. I'm thinking about trying a 1/2" riser at least to get it above my folded sights. I'm probably going to get some fixed sights on that pistol anyway, so I really need to figure out something else for mounting. I had that laser on a rifle and managed to break one of the paddle switches, probably got caught on a vine or something. Crimson Trace repaired or replaced it quickly for me no charge! Also you read green lasers don't perform in cold weather. This one was doing fine at as low as 20°. It's on the pistol strictly for HD only. I can do with or without it. Mainly have a light first for HD.

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Must be a new model, I've never seen that one. Interesting.

I would suggest using a lithium AA.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]

IIRC, those had some serious reliability issues when they were released.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Amazon reviews confirm what you said.  Darn it. 

Any other units you can think of that work around a front sight? 

That Holosun is a 1mw laser.  Aren't lasers capped at 0.5mw for civilian use?  Maybe that's why no one is carrying that model.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That Holosun is a 1mw laser.  Aren't lasers capped at 0.5mw for civilian use?  Maybe that's why no one is carrying that model.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Visible lasers aren't restricted, IIRC. For instance, the Vis laser on the ATPIAL-C is 4.6 mW.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top