Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2017 5:49:19 PM EDT
I'm about to be running a Atpial and a m300 on my CQBR/DD ris II rail. Whats everyone using as an offset mount to acheive the lowest profile? would prefer to mount the light at the 1'oclock but might not be possible with the PEQ, Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a thorntail sbr mount and an m600, it works for me, lasers clear the head fine and I don't take that can off. You can't really get the body back much farther, it is too wide. I didn't mess around too much though.

Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:47:49 PM EDT
[#2]
You have a few options for offset mounting.  Standard offset mount like posted above (but the light will be pushed pretty far forward and you can't use the clicky tailcap).  The S&S Scout body works pretty well for this too.

Attachment Attached File

Or you can use the Unity Tactical Fusion Adapter on the UT Mini Hub (you can use clicky tailcaps with this mount).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:17:54 AM EDT
[#3]
keep the thread going! I am asking myself the same question. In the end I probably will be using the standard m300 mount with the MAWL IR thats supposed to be coming out next year.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#4]
So I have the peq but the hurdle now seems to be running my dual switch at the 1200 behind the peq, only way I can achieve this is with the surefire tension mount. I have a Unity with lightbar but it takes up too much rail space to run the switch behind it, why do I have to be so damn picky?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, if you throw an ALG EMR rail on the rifle, you can use an Arisaka inline Scout mount right next to an ATPIAL.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also, if you throw an ALG EMR rail on the rifle, you can use an Arisaka inline Scout mount right next to an ATPIAL.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/294984/IMG-1012-139520.JPG
View Quote

Thoughts on using the clicky tailcap and fire button vs using a dual switch? I'm thinking that might be the answer I'm needing but not the answer I'm wanting lol
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thoughts on using the clicky tailcap and fire button vs using a dual switch? I'm thinking that might be the answer I'm needing but not the answer I'm wanting lol
View Quote

I hate tape switches, so I'm a little biased, but I've thrashed more than one SF tapeswitch.  Kind of hard to break the clicky tailcap.

ETA:  FWIW, the upper in the post you quoted used to be a 10.3" CQBR with a DD RIS II rail and my pickiness ended up morphing it into what you see there.  I don't like VFGs and I like reaching my support hand farther out on the rail which necessitated the swap to the longer handguard and 12.5" barrel.  It's just about perfect for me now, though, so don't feel bad if personal necessity drives some changes.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's the current config while I'm not in love, might end up having to do the clicky and fire button. Only problem is I have to really reach over the top because of hobbit hands...grrr I hate this process lol
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here's the current config while I'm not in love, might end up having to do the clicky and fire button. Only problem is I have to really reach over the top because of hobbit hands...grrr I hate this process lol
http://i.imgur.com/b7RCVJq.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, the lack of handguard real estate was the main reason I ditched my CQBR upper.  You could swap to just a single tapeswitch for the light and fire the ATPIAL-C via the onboard button.  Move the tapeswitch for the light up into the space between the ATPIAL and the 9 o'clock rail.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I think this is the final configuration, I'll run it like this until I have a pressure switch go down. even I did I thnk I have room for the TAPS at the 1200
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Or you can use the Unity Tactical Fusion Adapter on the UT Mini Hub (you can use clicky tailcaps with this mount).

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/294984/17397322351-1a593aba6a-o-136995.JPG
View Quote

what light mount is that?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/294984/17397322351-1a593aba6a-o-136995.JPG

It's the one you just quoted.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top