Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2017 6:27:28 PM EDT
looking for suggestions im trying to move into the nv arena looking at the bushnell equinox z 4.5 x 40 and want something to compliment it i saw a guy with the bushell for 235$ but the batteries die fast with the illuminator thats built in and the illuminator built in is 820? wavelength so its slightly visible i wanted to get something in the 940 ir with the laser built in... cheap please dont insult my budget here i have a mortgage and 2 kids
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
looking for suggestions im trying to move into the nv arena looking at the bushnell equinox z 4.5 x 40 and want something to compliment it i saw a guy with the bushell for 235$ but the batteries die fast with the illuminator thats built in and the illuminator built in is 820? wavelength so its slightly visible i wanted to get something in the 940 ir with the laser built in... cheap please dont insult my budget here i have a mortgage and 2 kids
View Quote

As far as an illuminator I picked one up off of Amazon for about $30. Heavy but actually works great.

Ir laser?  You're just not going to get a "cheap one". The cheapest one that "works" is the one from Crimson trace or the Lasermax uni IR. I have the Lasermax. I think it was $150.

It's not water proof but I'll (barely) get you into the game.

Honestly for around $300 I think TNVC company makes a quality ir laser. I'm going to go that route eventually.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#2]
ok so im in over my head huh how does the lasermax hold up for the zero
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Consider the OTAL-IR. Usually around $400, sometimes you can find them for $360ish.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]
any experience with the bushnell equinox? and do they make one with the illuminator built in
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Consider the OTAL-IR. Usually around $400, sometimes you can find them for $360ish.
View Quote

Seeing as I wanted an IR laser exclusively for hunting, this is what I went with... $399 from TNVC. So far I've had a fun time at the range with it using PVS-14's. For illumination, I picked up an Inforce IR/white light for $125.00 and for close in hunting distances, it looks like it will suite my needs.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
A SureFire X400V-A-IRC could be found for @ 400-450 used the B model can be found for @ 575 the difference is the A is 150 lumens white light and the B 350 lumens. The IR laser and IR light are the same output
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#8]
thank you for that one that thing looks like it takes it and i can get the white light off of the gun best bang for the buck same laser out put water resistant i have herd of surefires being left in streams for months and still working like the day they were bought bulletproof you rock thank you definately worth waiting and saving for looks like im going to be working some overtime this week
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#9]
559.48 at b & h for the b model thats 399 for the other laser however much for an off brand illuminator and it has the 350 lm white light included any down side to this?... all in one package bonus no extra crap hanging off of the gun
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#10]
OTAL C and Inforce
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
559.48 at b & h for the b model thats 399 for the other laser however much for an off brand illuminator and it has the 350 lm white light included any down side to this?... all in one package bonus no extra crap hanging off of the gun
View Quote

I think the OTAL-C will have less offset between the bore and the laser, a more robust zero and maintenance of zero, but the last two are just opinions.

OTAL-C $400 (new)
WML-IR $150 new, can easily be found for $100 used.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#12]
The problem with running a OTAL-C with a WML is the ability to activate both of them at the same time with either hand.

Another light weight budget option is a used @ 150.00 SureFire M952V 350 Lumen white light 120 mW IR light with a new @399.00 Steiner OTAL-C IR laser. The biggest downside is running dual pressure pads or having to buy a dual pressure switch for anothe 100.00. If your plan on buying a M952V be sure it's the 350 lumen model and not the lower 150 lumen older model. IIRC the newer one has a laser engraved square ID tag on the head.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#13]
i looked arround for the surefire and only see them for arround 500 do you know where to get a used one? i do like the idea of the otal it will probably hold its value if i want to upgrade to the dbal or any leads on a good used dbal cheap there were some on the ee for around a grand but spending 4x the amount of my nv doesnt seem practical
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#14]
yo go on amazon look up pvs 14 gen 3 theres supposedly a used one there for 350$ chinese copy?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
yo go on amazon look up pvs 14 gen 3 theres supposedly a used one there for 350$ chinese copy?
View Quote
probably a scam, but with Amazon's return and protection policy... I'm close to buying it just to see what I get.

ETA: I contacted him. Let's see if he responds.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#16]
thats what i was thinking i called and got some google answering service  and thought it was a scam it said call for condition it was listed used like new so let me know cause there were 10+ available i think... used millitary equipment nearing the end of its service life?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#17]
You have to be careful when buying night vision. Visit the NV thread here on AR15, there are a lot of knowledgeable members here. Usually if its to good to be true it will be. Know the difference between gens and some knock offs using digital night vision that looks like a PVS14. Also all impot ie Chinese and Russian NV is going to be crap. Be smart save your money and dont end up regretting your purchase.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#18]
yeah the chinese digitals have a square display screne insted of the tube but these are listed as white phosphorous gen 3s and thank you for all of the excellent advice
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:10:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
i looked arround for the surefire and only see them for arround 500 do you know where to get a used one?
View Quote

Ebay, watch out for the knock offs from China ie "M952V SureFire Style", or here on the equipment exchange. The Chinese ones do not have the IR mode, instead it will have a strobe mode and white light.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 9:39:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

No such thing as a free lunch.  There's a 90% chance it's a scam (you'll either get nothing or get some airsoft/chinese non-functioning copy) and about a 10% chance you'll get stolen .gov property.   Either way, no.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:05:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Holosun makes an IR laser.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Holosun makes an IR laser.
View Quote

Except they're out of stock on Holosun's site and I can't find any in stock anywhere. Anyone know where they have the LS-421 in FDE available?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#23]
the best deal out there right now is the streamlight tlr-2 ir series.

it is an ir led & a class 1 ir laser you can grab it for 300-400 I hink there is one on the EE right now.

you can get a torch off the ee pretty reasonably too.

but I would push you to the TLR-2 then spring for the newer al  l ock out remote tail switch.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
the best deal out there right now is the streamlight tlr-2 ir series.

it is an ir led & a class 1 ir laser you can grab it for 300-400 I hink there is one on the EE right now.

you can get a torch off the ee pretty reasonably too.

but I would push you to the TLR-2 then spring for the newer al  l ock out remote tail switch.
View Quote

I did not know that existed, awesome.... that actually qualifies as a poor mans PEQ for CQB purposes.  I might do some rearranging.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:09:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I did not know that existed, awesome.... that actually qualifies as a poor mans PEQ for CQB purposes.  I might do some rearranging.
View Quote

Right now Ebay has a SureFire X400V-A-IRC that can do IR laser, IR laser as well as white light for 459.00 new. IMHO having white light, IR light, IR laser in all one unit is worth the extra money. Although these types of set ups are best used as a CQB or sort engagement distances under 100m due to the size and output.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Right now Ebay has a SureFire X400V-A-IRC that can do IR laser, IR laser as well as white light for 459.00 new. IMHO having white light, IR light, IR laser in all one unit is worth the extra money. Although these types of set ups are best used as a CQB or sort engagement distances under 100m due to the size and output.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:41:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I have the TLR2 IR eyesafe. It works. Note that the LED and the laser do have a visible glow to them, and it is a pain to zero. I currently have it on a pistol, though it started out on a rifle.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top