Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2017 2:27:06 PM EDT
It's real small and light and I didn't want to add a lot of weight to my carbine.  

I don't know if anyone has any experience with how durable these are but it's a nice little light.  It's 70 lumens and I don't really see how anybody would want more indoors.  Outdoors sure, but indoors.  If I just paint the floor it lights up a room and it sometimes messes with my eyes if I look too closely at the spot, if it's reflecting closely off of a wall.  

It also has 3 modes. And a button that can be clicked on, or momentary on.  If you hit the button quickly twice, you get a strobe.  And if you hit the button 3 times, you get a lower light.   And if you click the button after any of that, it will stay on in that mode.  Meaning if you click it three times, and want the lower light output to stay on, you just push the button down all the way and it stays in that mode.  

I really like it.  I don't know if they make mounts for such a small light, it's pretty dinky.  It does use a AA battery but the body is still pretty thin.  So I just bought some Gorilla tape and taped it to my M4gery handguards.  I know, ghetto, but it's not going anywhere.  I don't think.  

It would be a good light for your pocket too.  Although they make some even smaller......  My wife got it off of Amazon.

I'll get a pic up later but if anyone has any experience with these and wants to share, I'm all ears.  I have no clue if it's to be trusted or not, but I figured it's streamlight.......
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Streamlight has always been good to me.  I have 2 TLRs and the CR123 model of the light you got on a carbine.  

I like it, and I'll be buying more if the need arises (all my ARs already have lights on them).

I like the AA feature, but i like my lumens (I'm rural).
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I just wanted to set my M4gery up for HD and SHTF.  How did you mount yours?  That thing is dinky.  I don't really mind the tape, but I'm sure some will give me crap about it.  There is probably a better way to do it, but not as cheap I'm sure.  

How many lumens is the CR123 model?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#3]
If your light is too thin you can use heat shrink, electrical tape or gorilla duct tape you already have to wrap around the body of the light to you get to 1" or what ever size ring/mount your using.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmmm........  This is lighter than doing that, and adding a mount to the FSB or I guess I could get a rail and attach it to the handguards....

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top