Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2017 10:28:17 AM EDT
Ok guys Im looking for some comparison photos of thes three lights maybe at cqb distance, 50 yds, and 100 yds. Im building a MK18 and cant decide what light I should put on it. Right now I have a M952v on a M4 Block 1.5/pr and love it. Im thinking my options are this: Leave the m95v on the 1.5 and run a m952v on the mk18. Leave the m952v on the 1.5 and run the m300v on the mk 18. Or put a m3x on the 1.5 and swap the m952v to the new mk18. I know this should probably go in one of the clone forums but figured I would put it here as to not clutter the clone threads.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have night vision?  if not, you're wasting white light output in favor of IR output that you don't need.

Even if you do, the new M300Vs are going to blow away the 952V and M3X in terms of WL.  I can definitively say, the M3X is the worst of the three.  I have one on my work rifle (LED model) and it's barely useful at 50 yards, even worse at 100.  They have quite a bit of spill, but not a lot of throw.  I used a 952V for a short period of time on my work rifle (before we were issued the M3Xs) and it was alright, but under 200 lumens is still pretty dismal.  There's also the "flickering head" issue which will eventually affect most 952Vs.

With all that said, based strictly off light performance, the M300V is going to be your best bet.  Like I said though, if you don't have NV, I would skip the "V" option altogether and just pick up a standard M300 or M600.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have night vision?  if not, you're wasting white light output in favor of IR output that you don't need.

Even if you do, the new M300Vs are going to blow away the 952V and M3X in terms of WL.  I can definitively say, the M3X is the worst of the three.  I have one on my work rifle (LED model) and it's barely useful at 50 yards, even worse at 100.  They have quite a bit of spill, but not a lot of throw.  I used a 952V for a short period of time on my work rifle (before we were issued the M3Xs) and it was alright, but under 200 lumens is still pretty dismal.  There's also the "flickering head" issue which will eventually affect most 952Vs.

With all that said, based strictly off light performance, the M300V is going to be your best bet.  Like I said though, if you don't have NV, I would skip the "V" option altogether and just pick up a standard M300 or M600.
View Quote

Good post.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 9:28:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Am I missing something here? Looking on surefire websites it states the M952v has a max white light output of 350 lumens and that the M300v only has 250 lumens? I currently dont have NV but will be in the market for some sooner or later.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Am I missing something here? Looking on surefire websites it states the M952v has a max white light output of 350 lumens and that the M300v only has 250 lumens? I currently dont have NV but will be in the market for some sooner or later.
View Quote

I'm thinking that may be a typo, as the M952V uses the KM3 head (as pictured on their website) which only has 150 lumens of white light output.

All of their newer Vampire heads are much smaller but produce higher white light output.

If they did actually update the 952, any of the "cheap" 952Vs you're going to find will almost assuredly be the older 150 lum version.

In any case, you'd be much better served with a Scout based Vampire light (the M600V has 350 lumens white light if needed) just based off cost, size, and weight alone.

ETA:  I'm almost positive that's a typo now, every online retailer that I checked is listing the M952V as "discontinued" and it's listed as a "legacy" light on SFs website.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#5]
My M600V 350 white lumen lights actually throw farther than my M600U (500 lu version, not newer 600 lu).  I'd highly recommend the new M600V.  DSGArms sells just the heads if you already have a body.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They may have upgraded the brand new ones, but my M952v is only about 150 lumens
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top