Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2017 8:35:53 PM EDT
The hinge for the battery door/switch assembly on my 5 year old TLR-1 broke completely off and I returned the unit to Streamlight for repair.
They received it on January 3 and I  received the repaired unit this afternoon - the switch assembly was replaced at no charge with no questions asked.

There is a a form to fill out on the web site if you're in need of service.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#1]
My trl-1ir broke sitting in the safe. They sent me a new hinge and I replaced it and immediately sold the light.
I'm sorry but if your shit can't  hold up to sitting in my safe, I can't trust it out in the field. Will not own a SL product again no matter how good the warranty.

My personal opinion.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Well...thanks for your valuable input.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My trl-1ir broke sitting in the safe. They sent me a new hinge and I replaced it and immediately sold the light.
I'm sorry but if your shit can't  hold up to sitting in my safe, I can't trust it out in the field. Will not own a SL product again no matter how good the warranty.

My personal opinion.
View Quote

I broke a surefire x300u that sat in a holster. Am I going to stop using surefires on duty and in the field? No, that's silly, every company puts out the occasional dud. Shit happens.

I've broken SL's and SF's and have been promptly taken care of with no BS, therefore I will continue to use their gear.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:34:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I broke a surefire x300u that sat in a holster. Am I going to stop using surefires on duty and in the field? No, that's silly, every company puts out the occasional dud. Shit happens.

I've broken SL's and SF's and have been promptly taken care of with no BS, therefore I will continue to use their gear.
View Quote

I've broken surefire lights as well. But the difference between the surefire light and streamlight is I was using the surefire when I broke it. It wasn't sitting in my safe.

Eta
This thread was created off of the fact streamlight has excellent customer service and I will say that they are top notch from my dealing with them. I guess I lied when I said I wouldn't ever own one of their products again. Their little lantern thing looks interesting.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Streamlight CS has been GTG to me as well.

- TLR-2 mounted on my Springfield MC Operator, the red laser stopped working while shooting but the light still did. Emailed Streamlight, sent it to them and I got it back within 2 weeks fixed. I also had a Surefire X300 mounted to the same MC Operator at one time that I had to send back because I noticed the inner lens was cracking after shooting. Surefire CS was good to go in that instance as well.

- One of my older TLR-1s developed a crack on the switch tailcap. This was after thousands of rounds mounted on one of my Glock 19s. I emailed Streamlight and they sent me a new tailcap assembly.

Both companies make good stuff and have good CS in my experience. However others have reported recent shit CS from Surefire and I mainly buy and use Streamlight and Fenix these days.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I have my Ultrastinger there right now.  Hoping they can fix it.

I have also used them when they replaced the glass lens on a TLR1 that was shattered in training.  Not a defect, but user error.  They replaced it no questions asked.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 3:19:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Valid point.  Excellent customer service is needed when a company's products are prone to failure.  It is little consolation when a company sends a replacement exactly like the one that broke. 

We build The Toughest Flashlights on the Planet so that claims on our lifetime warranty are exceedingly rare.  Details like fully-potted electronics, solid acrylic optical lenses, and American craftsmanship matter to those who trust their lives to their equipment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ozstdsnHNs
View Quote

I have an older bravo with the malkoff head/flood lens that is near perfect in doors and I beat the shit out of it.

I'm attempting to be patient and wait for the Bones to show up on my doorstep. I plan on using it on duty as a handheld.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I got my Ultrastinger back today(MUCH sooner than expected as it was sent out late last week).

No questions asked, just fixed it(hopefully).  Replaced a few things including the battery!  

I'm continuing to be impressed as I use a lot of Streamlights for my work and I like to know I can abuse them and they still stand behind their product!
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Valid point.  Excellent customer service is needed when a company's products are prone to failure.  It is little consolation when a company sends a replacement exactly like the one that broke. 

We build The Toughest Flashlights on the Planet so that claims on our lifetime warranty are exceedingly rare.  Details like fully-potted electronics, solid acrylic optical lenses, and American craftsmanship matter to those who trust their lives to their equipment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ozstdsnHNs
View Quote

I can't seem to locate an Elzetta handgun light similar to the Streamlight TLR-1 or the SureFire X300 Ultra...
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I can't seem to locate an Elzetta handgun light similar to the Streamlight TLR-1 or the SureFire X300 Ultra...
View Quote

Ding ding ding... elzetta may make great lights but the product line is very limited as of now. Streamlight offers lighting solutions for nearly any task. Granted they have been around for decades.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nor will you ever.  We recommend only handheld flashlights for use with handguns.
View Quote

I can't find any IR options either.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nor will you ever.  We recommend only handheld flashlights for use with handguns.
View Quote

But not carbines.
What's the reasoning behind that?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't want to have to clear a malfunction or reload a handgun while holding a handheld light.
Hard to lose access to your light when it's attached to your gun.
That being said I always have a handheld light with me for when I want to illuminate something I don't want to point my gun at.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

What's your rationale for handguns/handhelds only? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

One reason among many: The hand (let alone the finger) that operates the fire control on a gun should not also be able to operate a light or anything else.  Negligent discharges can and do occur.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 But not carbines.

One reason among many: The hand (let alone the finger) that operates the fire control on a gun should not also be able to operate a light or anything else.  Negligent discharges can and do occur.

I see...

Well, thanks for that bit of info.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My personal opinion.
View Quote
And I've broken two X300's that didn't have much use. My three TLR-1 lights have been perfect and my oldest is about 5 years old now. 

Shit happens, but to me the TLR-1 is a better built light than the X300. 
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Agree. Have a 9+ year old Stinger which has seen duty use for the entire time. Switch finally went.

Sent it in and they fixed it and put a brand new battery in. All at no cost other than shipping.

Excellent CS.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice that Elzetta thread craps in a Streamlight thread

Classic
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:31:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm. That statement strikes me as derpy.

I've been in situations where I need to illuminate a guy, hold a gun on him, and talk on the radio. Without a WML I can only do two of three. WMLs are valid.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#23]
I had the tail cap switch on a Stinger DS stop working. I emailed Streamlight, explained this was my primary patrol light and the side switch still worked I just needed a tail cap switch, and they mailed me one no questions asked.

I've also managed to wear through the switch on a Surefire 6P.

I'd love to try an Elzetta light but it won't be any time soon unless I find a good deal on a used one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Nice that Elzetta thread craps in a Streamlight thread

Classic
View Quote

Yep.

And I'll just add that I've had no issues with my Streamlight products.  Doesn't mean they can't break, like anecdotal reports of failures don't mean they're all junk.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:44:59 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a few TLR-1 and TLR-1s lights and I just bought a few battery door replacements from Optics Planet so I don't need to send the light in. Does Streamlight cover postage since the replacement battery door is $10.49.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:23:37 AM EDT
[#26]
I may have to contact them about my TLR-4 which I inadvertently broke the other day.  It was mounted to my P226, in a padded pistol bag that I dropped on the basement floor from about waist level.  Thinking nothing of it, I get to the range and open the bag only to see the light flopping around.  On closer inspection the plastic body cracked so the mount no longer held on to the rail.

I didn't really see the point in calling CS because the light is at least five years old and was "abused" by me...  I guess it doesn't hurt to try.

Is the SF x300 all aluminum or does it have a plastic in the clamp/mount too?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#27]
For Streamlight you want the TLR-1 series
Surefire, the U-B model
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 But not carbines.

I don't use my trigger finger / fire control hand to operate the either a carbine light or pistol light.  

If you guys made a pistol mounted light I would have bought it.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top