Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2016 8:41:48 PM EDT
Just received a Surefire 6P Classic from a member of the web site. I am working on a BHD RO727, and wish to be accurate as possible. However, I read on another post in here someplace the 6P Classic bulb will not hold up to recoil stresses and should be replaced with an LED bulb. I also want to get closer to an original style of tape switch. Any assistance is welcomed.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I am assuming you are talking about some form of replica M4. Don't know what the correct bulb for that would be, but I have several 6Ps on my carbines that have been updated with a 325 lumen Malkoff LED head. To me, that makes it the perfect "all-around" light. I really like the 6P, but I need more output and durability than the supplied incandescent bulb can supply. My advice would be to update it with a Malkoff. If you are building some kind of replica, who will know besides you?
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as Tape Switches, I couldn't tell you. I don't use them, because they seem like they would snag on brush if you are outdoors.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#3]
^^^ THIS ^^^

Malkoff M61 LED replacement bulb is a must for every 6P/Z.  I run a M61 in a 6Z and a M91B in both 9Ps.  I won my SF 6Z in '97 and carried it, but it's been on my UPR (Urban Patrol Rifle ) since '02.  Awesome little light.  I have an older Scout Light but I like my stout "retro" weapon light.  I was "issued" my tape switch and never thought about getting a spare.  

Look at SureFire's XM07.  It's not cheap.  I can't tell if it's for E series lights or 1" dia. tubes.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:52:07 AM EDT
[#4]
The Malkoff P61 will be the best LED upgrade. If you wanted a SureFire LED you could drop in a 6P LED which is rated at 85 lumens but looks more like 120. As mentioned the SR07 switch/pressure pad will screw onto the P6
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top