Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2016 8:14:25 PM EDT
I have several rifles that I use Elzetta 6 o'clock mounts that go around the FSB on. They are great, but these rifles all have standard HGs on them. My latest has a set of Magpul MOEs on it, and the Elzetta mount won't clear the inside of it without some sanding on the outside of the mount. I'd like to find a set that will attach to a piece of Picatinny rail screwed on to the MOEs. Ideally, I'd like the light to mount in line with the slot that the mount goes in on the HGs (not above or below it.) Also like for it to mount as close as possible to the HGs. Can somebody give me some good advice here?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess the above is kind of confusing. I am looking for an in-line mount for the MOE instead of an offset.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I got an Arson Machine mount on some MOE M-LOK handguards and I like it a lot.  It is not inline, but it puts the head of the light insanely close to the FSB which I dig very much.  Actuating it is pretty easy too.  For in line, I think Arisaka makes one, but it won't clear the little bump thing that is forward of the mounting slot so  you can't mount the light super forward if that is something you want to do.  You could probably mount it further back in the 2nd slot or possibly half and half on the 1st and 2nd slots.  But with the light that far back it could pose some issues in hitting the tail cap.  I know Arson Machine is offering an inline scout light mount that will clear that hump at the front of the MOE guards but if you have a regular 1" light, that won't help you at all.  After that, you could get the plastic Magpul light mount.  I do believe it is inline and is probably the cheapest option out there, but it really sticks the light a ways away from the handguard which is ok if you are running a pressure switch, but if you want to use a tail cap switch, it's not nearly as ergonomic as the Arson mount IMO.  Which is why I don't have a Magpul light mount on my MOE handguard equipped rifle.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate the input. I will check out Arisaka and Arson. Vltor used to make the very thing I am looking for, but apparently it is out of production.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I appreciate the input. I will check out Arisaka and Arson. Vltor used to make the very thing I am looking for, but apparently it is out of production.
View Quote

You can't go wrong with either one.  Both are solid light mounts and both companies are great to deal with.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:52:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can't go wrong with either one.  Both are solid light mounts and both companies are great to deal with.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Can you use a 1" low scope ring or do you need it cantilevered forward?

Does magpuls cantilevered Mlok rail fit then add a scope ring?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess a scope ring would work.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a standard gg&g 1" mount. Works well enough. Think it was $25. Holds the light with no offset (angular or fore/aft), needs about 1" of rail for full grab.

It mounts pretty tight, so if your flashlight has a huge bezel you may run into clearance issues. Probably won't if it's mounted forward though. I have a surefire g2 series in it. No problems.

Has held up without losing grip. I may have put a tiny bit of blue loctite on the screws, can't remember. Probly 2k rounds.

I can post a pic or 2 later if necessary.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I just did the same thing, OP.  I have been running the Elzetta mount with carbine handguards and A2 front sight.

I installed a Daniel Defense Omega drop in rail and I want to move the weapon light to the rail.  I have temporarily mounted the light in a spare low 1" scope ring.  It seems to work quite well.  I may look at options to move it forward, but for now the low ring works well and I'll roll with it for a while.

I'm going to follow this thread.  If you go with something else than a scope ring, let us know what you do.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I appreciate the input. After all this, I ended up putting a quad rail on the rifle, so I just bit the bullet and got a Larue QD offset mount. I am going to use the Magpul HGs on a pistol. Thanks for the different ideas.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Coming back to this, I bought the Daniel Defense Omega 7.0 rail for another carbine, and I decided to get the LaRue inline QD mount for it.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top