Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2016 7:46:11 PM EDT
What is the proper way to store CR123A batteries?  I had (6) new Surefire branded ones, packed in a tight row touching each other in a little plastic zip lock kind of pouch, all go dead. Just went to replace the batteries in my streamlight TLR-1HL and none of them fired it up, popped back in the original streamlight branded half used batteries and everything was fine.

Are they not supposed to contact each other? I would not think that matters since the storage tubes in my B5 Sopmod stock just have you slide them in on top of each other and they do inside the light.  This bag of batteries was just thrown in a random parts box of various metal and polymer gun parts.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Surefire Spares Carrier

I don't have any scientific data to back it up, but I suspect letting the ends contact each other isn't a great idea.
The carrier above is well made, carries 6 and is waterproof.

I have a couple and I'm a fan
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 1:33:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Electrons will not flow unless there is a path from negative to positive. If there was something completing the circuit I'm sure the batteries got very hot due to run away.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out Powerpax battery holders
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top