Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/7/2016 10:37:26 PM EDT

I've had mine in for about 3 months at this point and the Gen2s made some big improvenmts over the originals IMO and not a single part from the Gen1 is present in the Gen2.

Improvements:
-detent in bale and mode switch
-true 1913 rail
-new beam pattern (see video)
-400 & 800 lumen output
-improved pad
-aluminum bezel
-aluminum threads
-improved material in the body

Full review here:

Link Posted: 11/8/2016 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Great review.  

On Sunday evening I was shopping for lights.  As I was watching your Streamlight rail mount review, I thought that it would be nice if you had an Inforce Gen 2 review.  Well done.

I have an inforce pistol light that I really like, I think I'll give this new Gen 2 a try.  Mrgunsngear is one of the best channels.  The vids look great, and you put out a lot of content.  

I have an 870 SBS that is nearly identical to yours.  The only difference is I have the Wilson Combat ghost ring sights one mine.  

Link Posted: 11/8/2016 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great review.  

On Sunday evening I was shopping for lights.  As I was watching your Streamlight rail mount review, I thought that it would be nice if you had an Inforce Gen 2 review.  Well done.

I have an inforce pistol light that I really like, I think I'll give this new Gen 2 a try.  Mrgunsngear is one of the best channels.  The vids look great, and you put out a lot of content.  

I have an 870 SBS that is nearly identical to yours.  The only difference is I have the Wilson Combat ghost ring sights one mine.  

View Quote

Glad it worked out
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
The wmlx gen 2 mounted on a CZ EVO pistol under the handguard is perfect.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got one inbound. Excited to run it hard
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the little one still powered by a single CR123?
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looking forward to hearing the results.   The more reports that come in the better understanding of whether their improvements fixed the earlier issues.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I will be buying the new gen light.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 1:22:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Looking forward to hearing the results.   The more reports that come in the better understanding of whether their improvements fixed the earlier issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was typically a surefire/elzetta guy. Bought an APL for my cc pistol and I REALLY like it. Started looking more and more into inforce. Was ready to pull the trigger on the original wml until I saw the reports of the plastic cracking.

From what I've seen, their new polymer should be significantly tougher. The other minor upgrades look like worthy upgrades as well. Either way, I'll call it how it is
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know the Candela rating for the 800 lumen Gen2 WMLx? I haven't been able to find it. Thx!
Tomac
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#10]
What is the name of the mount on the AR-15 used in the video. I didn't get it?
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What is the name of the mount on the AR-15 used in the video. I didn't get it?
View Quote

BCM
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I really liked the original WMLx, but after having several of them crack in the same location (right where the bezel screws into the body) I lost trust in the durability of the design.
After reading about the durability and other improvements, I've decided to take a chance on the Gen2. I love the ergonomics, light weight & features, my fingers are crossed on how rugged this new design is.

Tomac

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey, been enjoying a lot of your videos lately...

question- do you have a preferance between the inforce gen2 and the streamlight tlr(s) with or without a pressure switch? please elaborate if possible.

thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hey, been enjoying a lot of your videos lately...

question- do you have a preferance between the inforce gen2 and the streamlight tlr(s) with or without a pressure switch? please elaborate if possible.

thanks
View Quote

Thank you.

Assuming you mean on a rifle?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:57:02 AM EDT
[#15]
yes for a rifle/ carbine.

i just put the magpul sl hangaurd (carbine length) on my AR and want to integrate a light. but seems to me that no matter where i place the light, it will get in the way of a C grip by the front post. (i cant use a forward or vertical grip since im in NY)
im looking for something that will work well with this handguard, curious what your thoughts are since you did a video on both the magpul sl handguard and the inforce light.

thanks again
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top