Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/15/2016 11:10:18 AM EDT
I had a third gen. Inforce WML in the sand colored polymer. I knew that there had been reports of the sand polymer cracking, but it was a screaming dream on Amazon compared to the black and FDE WMLs and I needed an IR light for NV.

Anyways, the polymer begins to crack near the bezel, I finally get around to contacting Inforce on September 30th, and after a few exchanges of emails that day I have a RMA and their customer service rep has asked what color light I want for my replacement since they are no longer making lights with the sand colored polymer. I think I returned the cracked light on the 3rd or 4th.

Yesterday the replacement shows up. They sent me a Gen. 4 WML to replace the Gen. 3 WML and the Gen. 4 is a noticeable improvement over its predecessor. The toggle switch between IR and Vis feels tighter and locks into place requiring slightly more force to change. The safety now locks into place with an audible click sound.

Anyways, a fantastic customer service experience and they replace a defective product with not just a working product but an improved product.

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn that looks pretty good! I have 3 of the gen 1s and love them. These look to be even better. Can't wait to try one out.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome.

I want one of each. Where to buy the WMLx G2?
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Have they improved the beam on the IR setting (is there ANY spot at all now)?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 2:07:08 AM EDT
[#4]
If you screw the head off are the threads metal for the body now?

Is there still strobe? Can it be disabled?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll check this weekend for ya
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

They need to make an AL version (body and head).... I would buy one for each rifle I own.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#7]
A review by former Inforce employee. R&D guy, Abner Miranda

https://youtu.be/0Bo1AT6nkcU

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you screw the head off are the threads metal for the body now?

Is there still strobe? Can it be disabled?
View Quote

Threads are metal.

in the video EnlistedDate linked above, the guy begins telling how to disable strobe function at the 9 minute mark.

Also, he says the latest version is the Gen. 4 WML, but I posted this thread as Gen. 2. Updated thread title and the OP.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I loved my WMLx's until they all cracked at the bezel. I'm really hoping this latest version is more rugged/durable.
Tomac
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A review by former Inforce employee. R&D guy, Abner Miranda
https://youtu.be/0Bo1AT6nkcU  
View Quote

Thanks for posting. Made hot.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#11]
tagged.

I always heard these things were prone to cracking at the threads near the head.  Curious if they've remedied that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#12]
It looks like the one in the video takes a better beating than the old ones.   I have one that is cracked that was on my wife's rifle that I have been waiting to contact them about until I saw the new ones everyone was talking about.  Looks like it's time.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Awesome.
I want one of each. Where to buy the WMLx G2?
View Quote

You can find them several places, but I found them the cheapest on Ebay.

WMLx Gen 2
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Tag
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:46:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I really like my WMLx but I wish they'd just listen to us and make an aluminum body version. Polymer is good for things like pistol grips, not housing electronics on a gun. They clearly crack in light to moderate use. No way on a prime time gun - not for long at least
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:14:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any update?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Any update?

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any update?

Thanks

I did not notice a spot under AN/PVS-14s. That being said the IR corona is so large and bright that I think a spot inside the corona would make any object inside a spot too bright.

We were under clear skies with no moon and some ambient light from the cantonment area not visible on this image but about 700 meters north/north west of the red dot.

I was standing about where the red dot is on this imagery and was able to use the IR light to illuminate 80-85% of the treeline that was ~240 meters away (the treeline that is highlighted).

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#19]
240 meters is a ton more throw than what the old models have, so that sounds good.

Looks like I'll need a couple Gen4s for my other rifles.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a couple of the last gen WMLx's that are growing on me.

The only concern I have with them is that the 16650's I use in them are just a bit too long to fit in there comfortably.   I may have to take one of the cells into my local shop and see if they fit any better in these new ones.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#21]
For those of you not running them on the top rail, what is your preferred method of mounting these?

I use keymod and I think the thorntail that is compatible would put the WML too low and too far out to the side.  Thoughts on other options?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 3:58:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:43:59 AM EDT
[#23]
I picked one up for $109 from OpticsPlanet. I plan to mount mine on a Unity Tactical Fusion micro hub. I'm hoping the light will clear the front sight.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I picked one up for $109 from OpticsPlanet. I plan to mount mine on a Unity Tactical Fusion micro hub. I'm hoping the light will clear the front sight.
View Quote

At 45* or on top rail?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:17:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

At 45* or on top rail?
View Quote

At 45 degrees with a picatinny rail section attached to the hub. Fixed or folding fusion front sight.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#26]
OP, do you mind saying how you got in touch with them? I reached out regarding an issue through the "contact us" form on their website last week and didn't hear back.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
OP, do you mind saying how you got in touch with them? I reached out regarding an issue through the "contact us" form on their website last week and didn't hear back.
View Quote
I used the contact us thing on their webpage. I received a auto response and less thanot 30 minutes later I was emailed again by Ms. Dubeau who took care of the rest. 
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks, I'll give that another try.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:10:18 AM EDT
[#29]
I hope the new version holds up better,I really like the design of the light but the cracking reports kept me from ever buying them.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 12:20:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

At 45 degrees with a picatinny rail section attached to the hub. Fixed or folding fusion front sight.
View Quote

It SHOULD clear. No guarantee though.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#31]
DVOR has an InForce WMLX on sale for $98.99.  

Not a bad price, but how do I make sure that this is the current Gen, and not the first Gen?  

You will have to log in to DVOR in order to see the price.  

DVOR InForce WMLX

I just want to make sure that this is the right one before I burn the money.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Just wanted to share that the Gen 2 InForce WML clears the Unity Fusion Micro hub perfectly using their offset rail. It sits perfectly at the 10 o'clock position.

Link Posted: 12/25/2016 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#34]
DSG has the Gen 2 WML on sale (FDE only). $99

WML - FDE
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Does anyone know the Candela rating for the 800 lumen Gen2 WMLx? Thx!
Tomac
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top