Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2016 7:37:39 AM EDT
I want to run a light in the 10 o'clock position that has a low profile on a rail. That will not interfere with a dbal i2 in the 12 o'clock. I have seen some pics of guys direct mounting their light on keymod rails right under the dbal in this position and it is very low profile. I didn't know if there was any mount that would be similar with a rail. I know I could run a tape switch in that area and put the light at 3 o'clock, but was hoping to not use a switch.

Just wanted to see any options. As most pic searches for mounts don't have a front on shot to see where everything lines up.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#1]
With some mounts it kind of depends on the rail.  Some rails being significantly wider/narrower than others.  But for keymod direct mounts you have a few options.  There is Bravo Company, Arson Machine, Arisaka Defense, and Impact Weapons Components off the top of my head.  Not sure which ones will work, but you can probably send a few emails and they might be able to tell you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the reply.

Just to clarify I dont have a keymod rail. It is a picatinny. It is a older Surefire m81 midlength to be exact.

I mentioned the keymod rail because I would like the light to sit like they do on that 45 degree angle with the keymod. Or close.

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]
With that rail you could run your light with a VLTOR mount which is probably be the lowest profile you can get. The problem running it at the 10 O'clock position is it will be difficult to reach the fire button on your I2 unless you run a tape switch for your Dbal at the 12oclock position. IMHO being able to turn on your Dbal and light with either hand is  critical if it's a fighting rig. If you don't want to change out your rail the best option would be running your Dbal at he 12 o'clock and your SureFire at the 3 o'clock position with a SureFire SR07 D-IT dual switch in back of the I2. The biggest drawback of the SR07 D-IT switch is learning light discipline and avoiding white light NDs. If you want to run push buttons only use the same set up minus the pressure pad  or use a pressure pad just for your I2, run a vert grip and use your support hand thumb to turn your white light on and off. Any of the set ups mentioned will work with both hands being able to activate either your I2 or light.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top