Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2016 1:43:32 AM EDT
This seemed like the appropriate sub forum, but Mods feel free to move if I'm wrong. Where is Arfcom buying its bulk 123 batteries online? All of my weaponlights use them so I would like to have a good near term supply and save by buying in bulk. I'm not partial to any particular brand, but Surefire batteries are what I currently have the most of.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:56:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This seemed like the appropriate sub forum, but Mods feel free to move if I'm wrong. Where is Arfcom buying its bulk 123 batteries online? All of my weaponlights use them so I would like to have a good near term supply and save by buying in bulk. I'm not partial to any particular brand, but Surefire batteries are what I currently have the most of.
View Quote

OST. I just bought a box from Amazon.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:42:34 AM EDT
[#2]
PrimaryArms bulk Streamlight CR123A.  I bought them on sale at $14.99/dozen

http://www.primaryarms.com/stl85177-12pk/p/stl85177-12pk/
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Be careful what brand you buy, Surefire has a thing that you can only use certain brands and keep your warranty (talking about inferior and counterfeit batteries). Here is other recommended (by Surefire) brands you can use and be safe (and find cheaper and/or more easy):

You may also use batteries from well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell® to ensure safe performance. These brands are registered trademarks of their respective companies.
View Quote

http://www.surefire.com/battery-warnings-handling

I think it is the Energizer brand (if not, Duracell) that I am currently running in my M300C scout. I have not had any issues (such as not being as bright as Surefire brand). I got mine at Walmart.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I get my 123s from Battery Station.  Been using them for years a work with out a problem.  $125 for 100 batteries.  David
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome, thank guys.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Just make sure you get Made in the USA batteries.  Not sure if the imported batteries have gotten any better in the last 2-3yrs, but I have heard a lot of not so good things about the chinese ones.  Shelf life can be iffy, some lack basic current and temp protections, some have have exploding issues, etc.  Plus they aren't made here.  If you want US made, Panasonic makes them for everyone (surefire streamlight and a couple others if I recall correctly).  Get one of those 3 brands and you should be fine.  Primary arms has good deals on the SL and SF branded batteries and if you search around you can find good deals on the Panasonic batteries as well.  I usually wait for Primary Arms to throw the SF batteries on sale and buy a few things and a box or 2 of them.  Usually works out pretty well that way.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#7]
For the last few years I've been using these with no issues.

http://www.cr123batteries.com/10-pack-of-tenergy-cr123a-propel-batteries/

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:07:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Im getting Surefire 12pks at Lowes for $26
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:06:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Here is an excellent option, and a popular one among the candlepowerforums.com community. These are not made in the USA but they perform very well. The results speak for themselves!

Check it out: Titanium CR123A

Here are the 2 independent reviews which include thorough analysis and comparison testing:

CR123A Shoot Out

CR123A Comparison Review
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:00:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PrimaryArms bulk Streamlight CR123A.  I bought them on sale at $14.99/dozen

http://www.primaryarms.com/stl85177-12pk/p/stl85177-12pk/
View Quote

Me too, I use them in my TLR's. They also have surefire batteries on sale all the time. I use them in my flashlights and x300.

Great place to buy from and a vendor here.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:28:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I get mine from Batterystation.com, but I've mostly gone away from 123s to rechargeables.  Down to mostly my weapon lights that use 123s that I still use much.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#12]
www.batteryjunction.com is another solid vendor with good prices
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:27:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have bought Rayovac, Energizer, and house branded. All where good.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

thats about double what you can get them from Primary Arms when they are on sale (usually $13-14 for 12ea).  At 2 local gun shops here, they are like $21 at one and $17 or 18 at the other.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Battery Station Absolutely staunch Constitutionalist, and all around GREAT guy owns it....
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:56:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Wait for black friday and hope SF has %50 off again.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

thats about double what you can get them from Primary Arms when they are on sale (usually $13-14 for 12ea).  At 2 local gun shops here, they are like $21 at one and $17 or 18 at the other.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. Primary Arms runs sales on them often during the holidays recently at $12.99 per dozen. You just missed it for Columbus Day.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:06:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I will second that. The NiteCore brand of tactical flashlights they carry has also been a great performer.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:57:10 AM EDT
[#19]
I bought Chinese batteries off eBay once. I bought like a 70 pack. Then I started reading about the exploding issues and went to look at mine, they were in a cupboard in my house, some were already leaking that red corrosion stuff. Threw away all of them.

Then I read on the surefire web sight about counterfeit batteries. Not worth the risk! I just buy direct from surefire.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Buying in quantity saves significant money. I split orders with friends and buy 72 batteries at a time. Usually around $1.00 per battery.
Surefire is what I shop for, they are a quality product.

Optics Planet and Botach Tactical are my usual sources.

Link Posted: 10/30/2016 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Battery Junction is GTG
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been using the $1/ea CR123A's from battery junction for over 5 years now.  I've never had a single isssue in any of my lights.
http://www.batteryjunction.com/tpen-tcr123a-.html
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've been using the $1/ea CR123A's from battery junction for over 5 years now.  I've never had a single isssue in any of my lights.
View Quote

I still get nervous about the chinese made batteries, especially for pricey gear like my NVG's, but these seem to get great reviews everywhere.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 4:01:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I still get nervous about the chinese made batteries, especially for pricey gear like my NVG's, but these seem to get great reviews everywhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here are the 2 independent reviews which include thorough analysis and comparison testing:

CR123A Shoot Out

CR123A Comparison Review
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top