Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2016 9:30:38 PM EDT
I picked this Surefire up on a whim.  

Input is appreciated.  I have tried to look it up, and find out relative vintage, but haven't gotten anywhere.  I thought it was cool, and it worked.  I have a few lamps from past deployments that fit this, so figured, "what the hell?"  

The mount that came with it is in the pic.  

Thank you.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#1]
You might have better luck asking at candlepowerforums.com
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like an older Surefire 6P model
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm gonna guess, a Surefire 3P with an extender and a weapon light head.
The weapon light head is to provide recoil absorption to protect an incandescent bulb.  Its a little bigger and heavier then you need for a good LED drop in.
I'd get a Malkoff LED drop in if budget allows.  If budget doesn't allow, google ultrafire.  Malkoff is for duty use, ultrafire is not.

Edited to add, I'm not really guessing.  It's either surefire, or a clone.  Whats cool about it, the parts are interchangeable between a few different models.  You can mix and match between quite a few different Chinese clones too.  Google Solarforce.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm gonna guess, a Surefire 3P with an extender and a weapon light head.
The weapon light head is to provide recoil absorption to protect an incandescent bulb.  Its a little bigger and heavier then you need for a good LED drop in.
I'd get a Malkoff LED drop in if budget allows.  If budget doesn't allow, google ultrafire.  Malkoff is for duty use, ultrafire is not.

Edited to add, I'm not really guessing.  It's either surefire, or a clone.  Whats cool about it, the parts are interchangeable between a few different models.  You can mix and match between quite a few different Chinese clones too.  Google Solarforce.
View Quote

Yes, Surefire 3P with one cell extender and shock absorbing head.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:36:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I retrofitted my MP5 Surefire with a Cree LED emitter - night and day.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a Surefire 660.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top