Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2016 8:12:34 AM EDT
Malkoff has the following disclaimer on their site for the E1T and E2T:
"Please Note that the Optic Itself Serves as the Lens.  In Weapon Applications the Head Should be Placed Behind the Muzzle to Minimize Powder Burns on the Optic.  The Optic is Replaceable if Necessary"  
I'm just wondering how they are holding up in applications where they are placed close to the muzzle.  I mounted mine the other day and it is just slightly behind my PA Mini-AFAB comp.  If I move it further back it's difficult to use the tailcap.  I'm wondering if I will have any issues.  Obviously I don't want to damage the optic.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#1]
If they aren't putting a glass lens on the front, those polycarbonate TIR lenses (or what ever plastic they are made out of) will lose the battle in the long run.  If you can avoid it getting direct blast, that would be ideal.  The other option would be to get either a blast diverter thing, a can, or some sort of flip cap for it.  A few shots with it exposed wouldn't be terrible, I don't think.  But shooting it tons would kill your output over time.  How quickly I don't know.  But I am sure you could talk to the guys at Malkoff as they are great people to deal with, and see how much a new lens would be, then plan accordingly.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top