Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2016 11:30:04 AM EDT
For a few years  I have been using Ozark Trail flashlights and have had great luck with them. Drop on concrete, in a bucket of oil, they still work. Lost one in the driveway and found in a puddle of water a couple months later. Still works. Lost one in the cattle feed lot last fall, spent all winter there had a disc and cultipacker run over it. Dad found it and it still works. (Could use a little cleaning though)The 150 lumen is $10 at walmart. I have one zip tied to my 10-22 that I keep in the closet with two thirty round magazines for home defense. I recently bought a SW ar with a quad rail and would like to try one out on it. The specs say the OD is 1.1", so I bought an 1 1/8" cheap mount from amazon made by FAB defense line even though some reviews said an 1 1/8" flashlight would fit... It won't. I am on a budget (thus the $10 flashlight) but any recommendations are appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have the standard front sight base, look at the elzetta flashlight mount.   I have a cheap $15 ultrafire light for four years now and it works good.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 6:45:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Should have mentioned I have a Smith Wesson with a quad rail and flip up sights.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the mount too small? Fine sandpaper on a dowel would open it up very easily.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I was going to suggest some cheap scope rings but saw the 1.1"  Just use some zip ties and call it good.  If you could find some cheap 30mm rings and use a spacer.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:59:30 AM EDT
[#5]
30mm= 1.18".... That just might work. I did zip tie it to the rail for now.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top